• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

janey is feelin abit down

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hiya feelin a little low for the first time since my op have put weight on a pound a day for the last 4 days. Don't know why eating very healthly and walking for 50 mins a day. Had my results from the latest blood test dr called me in to have B12 injections and iron. I know i have been really lucky with my weight loss so far but i have worked with my bypass to maximise its affects. I still have 24 pounds to loose before i reach that magical bmi of 29 so i can have skin surgery but i am begining to wonder if i will get there. My wonderful doctor who got me started on this journey and to whom i shall always be so grateful is retiring later this year and i so much want him to be able to refer me. Sorry having a moan but feel a little under pressure at the mo. staying the same weight i think i can handle but putting weight on:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: janey:(

Hi Janey you've done fantastically well so far. I'm not surprised you're feeling down with putting a little weight on but don't forget that if you're walking 50 minutes a day, your muscles are bound to develop and as we all know, muscle is heavier than fat. It's possible that you're just developing muscle as your losing weight.

You will get there, look how far you've come so far!

Awww big hugs hun, quite understandable to get low sometimes.

Chin up.

Aw Janey you are one of the most insprational women on here, you have done fabulously well. I suppose its quite normal to get down now and again but please stay positive Im sure you will reach all the goals you have set for yourself X :)

I put on weight all the time, I weighed myself today and 3lbs have gone on since yesterday, I did have one rich tea biscuit though so clearly thats 3lbs worth - NOT !

Our bodies really are strange machines, there's no way it's fat thats going back on, its most probably water retention or something like that. I bet it comes off by Monday.

x

Aww Janey, you are bound to be a little upset if you have come this far without a stall.

I agree with the others though, it is either water retention (you cant gain fat that quickly as 1lb of fat is 3500 cals) or it could be that your muscle is building due to the walking.

Try upping your fluids for a couple of days and see if that helps. Otherwise, just be patient hun. It will start moving downwards again soon.

As the others have all said, it's just a little blip and nothing to get too down about. That sounds very offhand but I know from experience how disheartening it can be to have a weight hiccup.

I have a charm on my bracelet that my husband had made for me when my mum died - it reads 'kia kaha' which is Maori for Stay strong. So I will say to you, Kia Kaha xx

awww thanks everyone for you lovely comments that is why this is such a lovely forumn to be a member off because no matter what the problem is there is always somebody with words of encouragement and i thank you all so much. I decided to take some words of advice i read on here and went out straight from work for a bit of retail therapy which has made me feel so good. I bought a size 18 linen skirt for my hols from matalan and 2 size 16 tops. Considering i was stuggling in a size 38 skirt when i started i car'nt really complain can i? Janey:confused:

Thats more like it Janey. Size 16 from 38! OMG hun, thats just almost impossible to imagine. Well done x

Janey? Do you still have one of your size 38's? I think maybe you should lay the one on top of the other and see the difference in inches. After this i think maybe a before and after shot on your bedroom wall or in the hallway so you can check it out on your way out of a morning! The difference in you is so astronomically awesome you'll be walking on air all day!

You will get to your BMI of 29, i feel it in me water...

Good luck and hugs xxx

That's more like it Janey. I can see a little glimmer of something more positive back in your post xx

Hope you are feeling better Janey. You are one of the many members on here that I really look up to. I know very little about you but I know that you must be an emotionally very strong person. You have to be, from the very first moment making the decision to have the op, facing the risks at your pre-op size (I hope that doesnt offend but I feel I can say it as I was similar to you). and facing all the battles from then to now. And you have come true it with flying colours. You are amazing. Your weight loss is amazing and you are truly an inspiration to me and others on this site.

I am glad you went shopping. It really helps. Although I shouldnt be buying clothes at the moment as I have loads have loads of weight to lose, I decided from day one that, money premitting, I would not deprive myself of anything I wanted and I do treat myself occassionally and it really helps.

In terms of weight loss, alot of factors affect our weight loss/gain, and this applies especially to women. I am sure things will start moving again for you.

Keep up the good work. Dont look at the road left to travel, look back and see that journey you have taken and like any journey it is nice to stop and admire the surroundings every now and then, before you continue with your journey and reach your destination.

Keep strong

m/x

Back