• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

Oh. Yes it sounds like you'll need another pre op. All sounds very inconvenient and awkward for your situation. I hope it all works out somehow.

I have a baby and teen and hubby to work around. Hubby has booked 2 weeks off. I hope my op doesn't get changed. Will be difficult to reorganise everything. I've not spent more than an hour away from my baby. He's 9 months and very clingy since being poorly recently. I'm dreading being away from him. It hurts just thinking about it :-( It will however keep me positive and eager to get moving post op and out of hospital as quickly as possible :) I'm hoping I'll only be in for a night.... Two max!

the lack of contact while in hospital is what will kill me too, even when madam used to go to the hospice for respite i used to go with her too and stay in a parent room lol

8th January
Dr Andrew Kennedy - Ulster Independent Clinic - Belfast
Gastric Band
Start pre-op diet Boxing Day
Starting weight 21.5 stone BMI 49

ClareA I met mr halstead at a different clinic and seems really nice. I'm also going to Yorkshire clinic. Where you from?

ClareA I met mr halstead at a different clinic and seems really nice. I'm also going to Yorkshire clinic. Where you from?

Thant's fantastic, I'm glad he is nice :) I'm from south Wales, not far from Cardiff so it's a bit of a trip for me but it will be so worth it :) Are you close to the Yorkshire Clinic?

I've just seen your post, wow aren't we similar (apart from you being a smidge taller lol)

Yeah about 20 mins away. It's a bit of a trip for you for Yorkshire clinic isn't it. How did you choose to go there.

Yes its a 4 hour trip for me, I am having my surgery through the wls group and the yorkshire clinic has an offer on for the bypass. The nearest Hospital I could of had it done with the wls group is in Birmingham but for a £1000 saving, its worth travelling to Yorkshire :)

How annoying for you, are you self funding

How annoying for you, are you self funding

Yes self funding. I was in the process of going through the NHS but its been a year of jumping through hoops and I'm still not officially on the waiting list so I thought I would take matters into my own hands.

Are you self funding also?

Yep self funding. Nhs turned me down as my bmi was 45 but they only under 50 or over so wasn't going to endanger my life to put more weight on just to get funding.

Yep self funding. Nhs turned me down as my bmi was 45 but they only under 50 or over so wasn't going to endanger my life to put more weight on just to get funding.

My BMI is just above what they do in Wales, the cut off point is 40, I'm not officially on the waiting list and its been a year now which is why I've decided to self fund, just wish I had done it this way in the first place :)

OMG I can't believe January will be here soon. So excited and so nervous. How are you all doing leading up to D day.

3 weeks and 2 days to go!
I can't wait. Nerves have come and gone and I'm feeling positive. Milk diet starts New Year's Day and I'm all prepared with a new coffee machine which froths your own skimmed milk and some tasty sugar free syrup flavours. New pj's for hospital and now just need some vitamins :)
Bring it on!

i stopped prepping as still no letter from hospital which she promised was posted monday

Good luck everyone. It's hard but will be worth it.

I'm nervous and excited all rolled into one, it's all I can think about, it's like I cannot switch it off.......I'm probably getting on my family's nerves and I can only see me getting worse as the date gets closer lol

The clinic called this morning and all is confirmed for 15th. Suddenly got scared.

Good luck everyone xx

Back