• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

My op is scheduled for the 17th Jan at St Mary's in Paddington.

Current weight is about 24stone (I think)

Started my low carb diet today, it has been a struggle to say the least. Craving food I've never craved before ?

3 weeks and 2 days to go! I can't wait. Nerves have come and gone and I'm feeling positive. Milk diet starts New Year's Day and I'm all prepared with a new coffee machine which froths your own skimmed milk and some tasty sugar free syrup flavours. New pj's for hospital and now just need some vitamins :) Bring it on!
My prep. Now only 18 days till surgery. Can't wait but still stressing over leaving the baby. I've not left him for more than an hour and only a couple of times. It's going to break my heart :-(

Thanks. He will be my incentive to get up and about and home as fast as possible. There will be no stopping me. I can just see it now.... Bubba photos out on the ward to show all the staff and fellow patients. Forced to coo over a strangers offspring lols !!!! ;-)

Just think, he will only ever remember a healthy looking mummy oppose to a bigger one! You are going it for the right reasons. Xx

Hi, Ive never posted on a forum before so please excuse me.
2nd Jan 2014
Gastric band
Mr. Sigurdsson - Dolan park
Private
BMI 31
12st 10
No pre op diet
I'm getting nervous now :-S

OMG it's nearly January. Are you all excited to start your new life. I got all my confirmation paperwork yesterday. It's all real. Just want it to happen now. I hate waiting.

I can't wait, it's been a long time coming!! I'm currently on my low carb pre op diet, just worried incase my liver doesn't shrink enough!

What diet are you following. start mine on 1st and just trying to meal plan but hard to make it not boring and have some variety.

It's a low carb low cal diet, so 100g of carbs a day and it's between 800-1000 calories.

I can have plenty of veg and salad for dinner. And a 100g of fish/quorn/meat, or a small chicken breast with that aswell. 2 portions of fruit a day, plenty of water and low calorie squash.

On day 3 and it is abit of a struggle. Craving chocolate even though I was never a big fan of chocolate before lol

Hi Danielle88 I'm day 4 pre-op diet and I agree with u it's a bit of a struggle with all the Christmas food/ sweets still in my house. Think I will give it away tomorrow after family call round this afternoon.

Hi Corgi7, thankfully there is no Christmas food in my house as I went to my mums, only healthy food now! Just trying to think of alternative ways to cook things so I don't get bored

Hi Corgi7, thankfully there is no Christmas food in my house as I went to my mums so only healthy food, however I am trying to think of alternative ways to cook things so I dnt get bored!!

Hi Corgi7, thankfully there is no Christmas food in my house, just trying to think of different ways to prepare good so that I dnt get bored!

Wish there was a different way to prepare my milk haha... Day 5 I'm staying upstairs tidying drawers etc to keep busy and avoid the kitchen :)

i have some sugar free crusha to add to my milk if i get real bored or ill make milky coffees to get it down

no the protein powders add in carbs and other stuff along with extra calories

Back