• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

Omg just had phone call from the hospital there's been a cancellation, op date for my bypass 4th January happy Christmas to me :)

Never doubt yourself. We are all here doing the same thing. Many different reasons but most all we want to be healthy.

Hi all, I'm due to have a sleeve on 3rd jan (op cancelled for 25th nov), having it at Leicester royal infirmary by mr sutton. Started my pre op diet on 21st dec- went for another pre op assessment on Monday, and the nurse told me that the dietician has said it's ok to start the pre op diet on Boxing Day - but I have decided I am on it now so will stick with it!!! Good luck to everyone "a new year, a new you!!!! " xxx happy Christmas everyone!!!!

hiya.im just waiting for pre assment.hten a date.hopefull jan 14.spoke to waiting list dept.and they said in the new year.just enjoying Christmas and then just waiting.you all take care.happy Christmas and new year soohoo

Good luck everyone, exciting times :)
I'm at sunderland, mr small for a gastric bypass
Started the journey with referral from gp June 2012 approx 21 stone now I'm hovering around 18 stone
Hope the 9 days on the liver shrinking diet is enough as I've ate and drank a lot of naughty things this week right until the moment I answered the phone call !!

Last edited:
Sallibeth - I've got Mr Sutton too! How long were you on the waiting list til you were given your date? I got confirmation of being put on the list on Monday!

im starting my pre op diet in a weeks time. can anyone recomend any website with menu examples

I wonder why everyone has different guidelines for the pre op diet- mines 3 pints milk 4 bits of fruit a bowl of homemade soup 2 fat free yogurts and sugar free jelly.. My teeth are hungry and I'm
Only on day 2!

Hi, I'm a week into my 2 week pre op diet, I can have upto 1000 calories a day, very low fat and carbs, so at least I can eat proper food, but I am feeling hungry - think it's all the lovely food about at this time of the year!!!

This time of year doesn't help, I got my appointment 3 hours after doing my huge Xmas shop and had to start milk diet the next day. I was literally giving food parcels out to get the temptation away from me lol

Hi everyone I am scheduled for gastric bypass on Jan 14. It has been such a long journey but finally got a date and insurance approval for surgery. I don't seem too worried about the surgery just can't seem to stop watching the calendar. I am trying to stay focused on preparing for what to bring to the hospital, getting all the immediate foods I will need right after surgery and completing my pre op tests. I find it helpful to read other success stories and advise on what not to do.

No special pre surgery diet just no food the night before but I think I will eat light a few days before the surgery.

you lucky *******. ill be doing milk diet. 3 pints of milk and 2 light yogurts (4 pints of milk if i cant stomach the yogurts) also have to have 2 litres of sugar free liquids and i can have a little sugar free jelly if needs be

Good luck to all your ops will soon be come and gone and you can look back and smile :)

Hi everyone I am scheduled for gastric bypass on Jan 14. It has been such a long journey but finally got a date and insurance approval for surgery. I don't seem too worried about the surgery just can't seem to stop watching the calendar. I am trying to stay focused on preparing for what to bring to the hospital, getting all the immediate foods I will need right after surgery and completing my pre op tests. I find it helpful to read other success stories and advise on what not to do. No special pre surgery diet just no food the night before but I think I will eat light a few days before the surgery.

Snap. Same date as me. I'm revising from band to bypass though. Milk diet starts New Year's Day and is 4 pints of semi milk, a jelly and a bovril drink. Oh the joy!
Don't think my liver will be particularly big but I'm doing it anyway to get me in the right mindset !

Back