• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

Yep. I've lost 4" from my waist, 1" from bust and 1cm from my ankles!!! This was two weeks ago though. Nothing since. I'm rubbish:-(

Bet yer fat burning tho. Don't be disheartened, it goes in fits n starts as we both know.
Got big appt tomo to see if my op can go ahead next Thursday. Everything crossed :)

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Yep. I've lost 4" from my waist, 1" from bust and 1cm from my ankles!!! This was two weeks ago though. Nothing since. I'm rubbish:-(

Awh Victoria, I bet there's loads and loads going on, on the inside.

Hang in there, I know it must be so frustrating but it will happen, how could it not, with the reduced calories intake!

Take care x

Plus, you haven't got as much to lose as others, it seems to take longer for people with lower BMIs (eg mine was 50 at the start) xx

Plus, you haven't got as much to lose as others, it seems to take longer for people with lower BMIs (eg mine was 50 at the start) xx

Yes what's your bmi now vic?

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

I wish I was a loser :-(
so do I. Bad day today and very sore. No weight loss and totally fed up. Let's see what next week holds. Let me know how you do x

Fanks kids

BMI was 37
Now 35.2 I think?!!?

I'm not eating and drinking enough. I know this but tbh I couldn't eat properly with slipped band yet gained weight. The more I tried to up my intake to a healthy level following paleo diet and boot camp 3x per week intensive work outs. The more I gained. This was following baby and breast feeding for 6 months!!!!
Makes no sense.

I'm eating protein as best I can. Mainly fish then a little iron rich veg. 2x tablespoons (dinner)
Breakfast is always a skinny latte and lunch is soup or a cheese stick and cracker or olives and smoked salmon or half avocado.

Every other day I have a mojito ( my juiced apple, spinach, lime, mint ) to help with my iron intake.
Sometimes if I want something sweet I'll have a big spoonful of low sugar free angel delight with ss milk.

I try to sip water all day but manage very little. It just seems constant intake and it's annoying as I hate food during the day. Such a chore! Evenings are when I fancy eating but can't fit in more than dinner and a drink!!!

Fanks kids

BMI was 37
Now 35.2 I think?!!?

I'm not eating and drinking enough. I know this but tbh I couldn't eat properly with slipped band yet gained weight. The more I tried to up my intake to a healthy level following paleo diet and boot camp 3x per week intensive work outs. The more I gained. This was following baby and breast feeding for 6 months!!!!
Makes no sense.

I'm eating protein as best I can. Mainly fish then a little iron rich veg. 2x tablespoons (dinner)
Breakfast is always a skinny latte and lunch is soup or a cheese stick and cracker or olives and smoked salmon or half avocado.

Every other day I have a mojito ( my juiced apple, spinach, lime, mint ) to help with my iron intake.
Sometimes if I want something sweet I'll have a big spoonful of low sugar free angel delight with ss milk.

I try to sip water all day but manage very little. It just seems constant intake and it's annoying as I hate food during the day. Such a chore! Evenings are when I fancy eating but can't fit in more than dinner and a drink!!!

It must be v.frustrating!!! My diet sheet advises half avocado a week :( how much fluid during day are you having now???

Must say, I'm a slow looser - according to the scales, and it does get me down a bit, but I got a coat in the sale today size 24, which is down from a size 28 pre sleeve!!! Had my sleeve 1 month ago, so something is happening somewhere!!!! I for got to measure myself pre op, so that is my task this evening!!!
I am sure we will all loose the pounds, just some slower than other I guess!!!
Love sal xxx

Bet yer fat burning tho. Don't be disheartened, it goes in fits n starts as we both know. Got big appt tomo to see if my op can go ahead next Thursday. Everything crossed :) previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Good luck tomorrow 2nd timer!!! Let us know how it goes. Fingers crosses for you xxx

Must say, I'm a slow looser - according to the scales, and it does get me down a bit, but I got a coat in the sale today size 24, which is down from a size 28 pre sleeve!!! Had my sleeve 1 month ago, so something is happening somewhere!!!! I for got to measure myself pre op, so that is my task this evening!!!
Love sal xxx

cant wait till i fit in a coat. my biggest clothings a size 28 but i still cant get my size 34 coat to do up lol

Love sal xxx

Def think that things start shrinking after swelling (particularly internal) goes down. My right side is DEF more swollen than left, which is where they removed the previously wrapped stomach!
Well done Sal - your doin gr8 xx

you just have to remember that everyone loses at a different rate and while the scales might not move the inches might also have to remember it will take time for all your insides to shrink back down after such invasive surgery once all that happens you might be able to eat/drink better which should help

It must be v.frustrating!!! My diet sheet advises half avocado a week :( how much fluid during day are you having now???

I got fed up with avocados so now only have once or twice a week! I've cut right back on my coffees to only 1-2 per day ( used to be about 5-6!). The water intake is prob only 3/4 pint. I've never been good at fluids..... Habit from living years with a strangulating Lapband and embarrassing involuntary gurgling. I have a water bottle to sip from. Just doesn't seem to down!

Must try harder ;-)

I wish I'd thought of measuring my ankles!! Maybe that's why my shoelaces didn't seem too short today? band fitted 16.01.14
Ha ha I didn't actually measure my ankles. They are my slimmest feature!!! I just am able to pull my boots on without having to waggle my feet so much. I guessed a cm would do it! ;-)

Wow 3 ltrs, that's brilliant. I was excited yesterday as I managed 1 1/2ltrs, most since op - but it's a struggle. I'm back to work today so am hoping that sitting with a glass infront of me all day will make the supping easier.

Have a great day y'all x

Wow 3 ltrs, that's brilliant. I was excited yesterday as I managed 1 1/2ltrs, most since op - but it's a struggle. I'm back to work today so am hoping that sitting with a glass infront of me all day will make the supping easier. Have a great day y'all x

I don't like hot drinks anymore, all I want is squash! I have loads of flavours and drink them all day in pint glasses with lots of ice :) x

Back