• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

find something to keep ur hands busy. paint ur nails, tidy out some cupboards or wardrobes, take little one for a walk etc

Just wanted to wish all you January oppers good luck and best wishes for your big day when it comes around.
Remember to keep us posted on your progress once you feel up to it and I for one am so looking forward to your comparison pics later on in the year :) xxxx

Oh my god im so hungry and want a cig.

I'm not a milk drinker. The smell and taste make me gag. On the 1000cal 100carb diet. Very restrictive but not as bad as milk diet. Getting emotional now and only day 2. Bring on 15th.

Just wanted to wish all you January oppers good luck and best wishes for your big day when it comes around. Remember to keep us posted on your progress once you feel up to it and I for one am so looking forward to your comparison pics later on in the year :) xxxx

Thanks Frankie, I just booked the boat and hotel last night and I had a little cry, it's getting so real, the fear of the surgery just got overwhelming and I couldn't stop the tears!

Hi I am Alan i have been given my date for RNY Bypass.
It will be on the 16th Jan at the Heartlands Hospital.Suegeon is Mr Martin Richardson.Referral Weight 133.2kgs BMI 43.5.Its taken over 18 months to get this far.
My weight is about 122kgs BMI 39.9.Started pre-op diet on New Years Day.Cant wait,but still worrried about the op.Happy New Year and good luck to all.
Alan

i hear the first 3 days of the milk diet are the worst after that its supposed to be easier or so my friend said lets hope it passes quick for you all and you get done and on the losers bench look forward to updates

Hi I am Alan i have been given my date for RNY Bypass.
It will be on the 16th Jan at the Heartlands Hospital.Suegeon is Mr Martin Richardson.Referral Weight 133.2kgs BMI 43.5.Its taken over 18 months to get this far.
My weight is about 122kgs BMI 39.9.Started pre-op diet on New Years Day.Cant wait,but still worrried about the op.Happy New Year and good luck to all.
Alan

hi alan, welcome to the january oppers. im due to have a bypass the day after you thou i dont have to do the milk diet quite as long thankfully

Hi I am Alan i have been given my date for RNY Bypass. It will be on the 16th Jan at the Heartlands Hospital.Suegeon is Mr Martin Richardson.Referral Weight 133.2kgs BMI 43.5.Its taken over 18 months to get this far. My weight is about 122kgs BMI 39.9.Started pre-op diet on New Years Day.Cant wait,but still worrried about the op.Happy New Year and good luck to all. Alan
Welcome Alan, I go in to sunderland hospital tomorrow for my bypass on Saturday., good luck on your journey, the friendliness and info on this site is amazing

I'm a couple of days ahead of you. Bypass is 14th and I too started the pre op milk diet New Year's Day. So far it completely sucks but I'm trying to keep my eye on the goal !
It's normal to worry and be apprehensive about the op. This is my third wls and I'm a bit nervous but really I just want it done so I can be home and recovering quickly. My previous surgeries I was a complete nervous wreck and I really didn't need to be. I'm slightly more relaxed now!!

Hi I am Alan i have been given my date for RNY Bypass. It will be on the 16th Jan at the Heartlands Hospital.Suegeon is Mr Martin Richardson.Referral Weight 133.2kgs BMI 43.5.Its taken over 18 months to get this far. My weight is about 122kgs BMI 39.9.Started pre-op diet on New Years Day.Cant wait,but still worrried about the op.Happy New Year and good luck to all. Alan

So many but best wishes to all and cannot wait to here all the happy thoughts and ups and downs good luck your all in my thoughts

I'm not a milk drinker. The smell and taste make me gag. On the 1000cal 100carb diet. Very restrictive but not as bad as milk diet. Getting emotional now and only day 2. Bring on 15th.

Hi larabelle, I'm on the same diet as u, after the 3rd or 4th day it actually gets easier. I'm currently on day 6. Op is on the 17th jan.

It's now 7.40pm I had my op @ 9am today, it went much better than expected, no pain only slight heartburn which is mild & intermittent. Haven't needed any painkillers or windeeze as yet although it is only day 1 so may feel differently tomorrow. Was drinking freely almost immediately & was up & about after 2 hrs. 25 hrs since 'propper' food & as yet no hunger. Good luck to all Jan oppers hope this post helps reassure someone. Much love x

Bag is packed and all ready for the off tomorrow morning!!!! EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!! Tomorrow is the first day of a new life!!!! See you on the losers bench!!! Thanks for all the pre op support - this site has been invaluable!!! Lots of luck and best wishes - nearly your turn Tracey!!! Xxx

Bag is packed and all ready for the off tomorrow morning!!!! EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!! Tomorrow is the first day of a new life!!!! See you on the losers bench!!! Thanks for all the pre op support - this site has been invaluable!!! Lots of luck and best wishes - nearly your turn Tracey!!! Xxx

All the best for a speedy recovery and here's to your life on the losers bench. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
Keep us posted xxx

good luck salliebeth, hope it goes smoothly for you
will be waiting for your after surgery updates

Back