• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

Please if anyone can get hold of a copy of Stay Alive by Jose gonzalez please listen to it. Its a beautiful song and I will be listening to it before surgery. Some of the lyrics are "in a world gone shallow, in a world gone lean" ..... "we'll do whatever just to stay alive" i know some people will read it as staying alive from major surgery but to me i'm doing this surgery to stay a live. I want to be able to be fit and healthy, live a long life filled with joy and love. I want to be able to see grandchildren even though i don't have my own children. Im so excited for new year new me, Good luck to you all in your new 2014 adventures. xxx

I'm from Ireland and once a month dr Chris and his team come to Dublin for fill's. It's about 40mins drive for me. 2 years after care. I do need to research wot happens after the two. Years though, prices and stuff![/QUOTE
Hi Mamalishous I'm from N. Ireland and having my Gastric Band on 8January in Belfast by Pheonix Irish Health. Have you considered them? There is also Aurelia in Park West Dublin who do this surgery. It would save you the hassle of fling etc...

Please if anyone can get hold of a copy of Stay Alive by Jose gonzalez please listen to it. Its a beautiful song and I will be listening to it before surgery. Some of the lyrics are "in a world gone shallow, in a world gone lean" ..... "we'll do whatever just to stay alive" i know some people will read it as staying alive from major surgery but to me i'm doing this surgery to stay a live. I want to be able to be fit and healthy, live a long life filled with joy and love. I want to be able to see grandchildren even though i don't have my own children. Im so excited for new year new me, Good luck to you all in your new 2014 adventures. xxx
Thanks for sharing this. Will look up this song

Here's to a successful, healthy, happy 2014 with many new opportunities for us all.
Positive vibes and a happy new year everyone.
Much love
Victoria xxx

Happy new year everyone!!! I know 2014 will be a life changing year for me and my family!!! Hope you all have a good year!!! Love salliebeth xxx

Happy new year everyone. Pre op diet starts today. Good luck to everyone for January. This will be our month and our year to shine x

Best of luck starting your pre op diet larabelle and wishing everyone a happy and life changing 2014 x

Good luck larabelle!!! I am due to be sleeved on Friday 3rd, so have been on pre op diet over Christmas - which wasn't much fun, but I am thinking of the goal at the end of it!!! What surgery r u having and whereabouts??? Good luck xx

Happy new year everyone and good luck for your January surgery. My banding is on 8th January. Can't wait, bring it on. New year new challenge. The biggest so far

good luck to all with ops in next few days

Good luck larabelle!!! I am due to be sleeved on Friday 3rd, so have been on pre op diet over Christmas - which wasn't much fun, but I am thinking of the goal at the end of it!!! What surgery r u having and whereabouts??? Good luck xx
Hi salliebeth, good luck for the 3rd and that must have been hard to do over Christmas but like you say there is an end goal to keep you focused. I'm having a bypass on 15th at Yorkshire clinic (Ramsey health) bingley near Bradford and Leeds. All the best for Friday x

Day 1 of preop milk diet. So far it sucks. Mainly due to everyone else eating or offering me food. Gonna be a long two weeks :-(

Day 1 of preop milk diet. So far it sucks. Mainly due to everyone else eating or offering me food. Gonna be a long two weeks :-(

tell em next one to offer food gets drop kicked lol

ill be joining you tuesday morning, the good stuff (kept due to underweight daughter and partner with metabolism issues) will be in special fridge, store cupboard and thier cupboards only anything i see out of place will be doused in washing up liquid and binned lol. partner will have to feed madam as from memorys of cambridge day 3 i really wont be up to it

My op due to take place tomorrow!! Got butterflies big time now. More nervous bout post op diet than the actual surgery. Wish me luck please xx

How on earth do people hit the 4 pint milk quota?
I've had today:-

4 x milky nespressos (8oz each)
1 x lime milkshake (8 oz)
1 x fage single serving 0% Greek yog flavoured with strawberry syrup and shared with the baby!
1 x jelly (half quota lime, half strawberry) because thats how I roll!
1 x bovril drink
25g biltong to gnaw on.

4 pints of milk equates to 10 milky coffees 8 oz each.... I think?!

So for tomorrow I've made raspberry milk jelly to help get the milk down my neck!!!

Tbh I doubt it matters if I have less milk. Less calories can't be a bad thing ;-) I'm so fed up already and to think I was looking forward to this :-/

ill be drinking mine mainly plain

nab some for milky coffees but thats bout it

So after night one on the milk diet and being up several times to pee in the night I've woken up tired and starving. First coffee of the day and it's making me feel even more empty.

Being at home with a bubba and also skint from Xmas means I have too much time on my hands. Expect a constant stream of updates to help me through ;-)

MILKDIET..... It's all I can think about. Meh! :-(

Keep the end goal in your mind or write it down somewhere so when you are feeling down you can have a read and remind you why you are going through this!

Back