• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

Just can't drink milk or yogurts. The taste and smell makes me gag so doing the 2 week pre op is difficult trying to sort meals out.

no the protein powders add in carbs and other stuff along with extra calories

protein shakes are good for after surgery thou

Whey isolate protein powders don't normally have carbs or fat in and low in sugar. Look at syntrax nectar.

Hi folks, hope you have all had a fabby Christmas. Can't believe that it's nearly January - going thru waves of 'can't wait until surgery is over' to 'do I really need to do this' off course, I know fine well the correct answer but I can't help but let doubt in!!

My pre op starts on 5th and I think my diets sounds ok as I'm allowed 400g meat/fish, free veg some fruit, a couple of crackers, some dairy & full fat mayo! Oh and wine! (I think that is pretty much the Atkins - one diet I actually stayed away from as I though it didn't really ever sound very healthy - mind you my dietitian has stressed that 7-10 days is the max that this diet can be followed). I find it so bizarre that all the pre op diets differ so much!

Good luck everyone - we are nearly at the start of a new chapter.....

Hi folks, hope you have all had a fabby Christmas. Can't believe that it's nearly January - going thru waves of 'can't wait until surgery is over' to 'do I really need to do this' off course, I know fine well the correct answer but I can't help but let doubt in!! My pre op starts on 5th and I think my diets sounds ok as I'm allowed 400g meat/fish, free veg some fruit, a couple of crackers, some dairy & full fat mayo! Oh and wine! (I think that is pretty much the Atkins - one diet I actually stayed away from as I though it didn't really ever sound very healthy - mind you my dietitian has stressed that 7-10 days is the max that this diet can be followed). I find it so bizarre that all the pre op diets differ so much! Good luck everyone - we are nearly at the start of a new chapter.....
Matra reading that you are allowed food and not just milk makes me want to cry... But wine??? Your pushing me over the edge lol

I know Tracey, it's crazy. It's the full fat mayo and wine that gets me!! I keep having to read the pre op diet sheet again to make sure I have actually read it right!!
X

Hi danielle88, I'm following the same pre op diet as you- I'm having a sleeve on 3rd jan!!! Just wondered where u r having your surgery as no one else seems to have this as their pre op diet??? I'm having mine done at Leicester royal infirmary. I'm feeling a mixture of emotions - excited, scared, emotional !!!! Good luck to you x

Hi Salliebeth, I'm having mine at St Mary's in Paddington on the 17th jan. I wish mine was as soon as yours, mine feels ages away.

I'm excited and nervous also but 2014 will be our year, can't wait until I'm on the losers bench

I will save u a space on the losers bench danielle88!!! U won't be far behind me!!! I was due to have my op on 25th nov, but it got cancelled a week beforehand - which is why I feel a bit emotional I think - I just don't want it to be cancelled again - especially being on the pre op diet over Christmas!!!! Although I have done really well, and not cheated!!!! But my word I have wanted too!!!!!
Your op will be here before you know it!!! Keep me posted- glad I'm not the only one on this type of pre op diet!!! Just hope it does the trick!!!! X

Thank u for saving me a space lol. I hope that mine doesn't get cancelled, that would be hell. Fingers crossed yours goes to plain.

I'm worried my liver won't shrink enough, on eggshells until op date.

I know Tracey, it's crazy. It's the full fat mayo and wine that gets me!! I keep having to read the pre op diet sheet again to make sure I have actually read it right!!
X

wow where are you having your op?

dont worry tracy ill be joining you on the wonderful milk diet soon

Hurry up robina I need someone to moan with! Well that's another day over, 4 to go then admission on Friday - well that's aslong
As they have sorted out an appointment for my pre-op exam before then, I will ring again re that tomorrow. Good night everyone x

I'm gonna be a bander! As soon as my other half gets his passport sorted I can book it, I'm going abroad to dr. Chris de Bruges in Belgium!

I'm gonna be a bander! As soon as my other half gets his passport sorted I can book it, I'm going abroad to dr. Chris de Bruges in Belgium!

January is becoming a popular month for surgery. I was beginning to think I was alone but now there's suddenly lots of us. All here to support each other.

Can I ask who you've arranged for your ongoing aftercare and fills on UK ?

I'm currently 16.7 stone and about to have a revision from band to bypass in Chichester. 14th Jan and I can't wait!

I've got three children (massive age gaps between all) the youngest is 10 months and I've never left him for more than an hour. He is my incentive to be up and about and out of hospital ASAP !!!

Good luck with Belgium :)

Bit if a trek from you Robina, my op is in Aberdeen, with the BMI Group x

as nice as ur pre op is il pass on the lord of the rings walk to get there lol

not a january here but want to wish all well with their surgeries and look forward to updates hope everyone is soon on the roads to recoveries and the amazing losses hugs for all and good luck

January is becoming a popular month for surgery. I was beginning to think I was alone but now there's suddenly lots of us. All here to support each other.

Can I ask who you've arranged for your ongoing aftercare and fills on UK ?

I'm currently 16.7 stone and about to have a revision from band to bypass in Chichester. 14th Jan and I can't wait!

I've got three children (massive age gaps between all) the youngest is 10 months and I've never left him for more than an hour. He is my incentive to be up and about and out of hospital ASAP !!!

Good luck with Belgium :)

I'm from Ireland and once a month dr Chris and his team come to Dublin for fill's. It's about 40mins drive for me. 2 years after care. I do need to research wot happens after the two. Years though, prices and stuff!

I'm from Ireland and once a month dr Chris and his team come to Dublin for fill's. It's about 40mins drive for me. 2 years after care. I do need to research wot happens after the two. Years though, prices and stuff!

Wow. What a service!
Good idea to find a backup nearby though as a precaution. Just in case you are over restricted at any time. Not trying to scare you but it can happen out of the blue following say a flight or sometimes stress or illness. Believe me you wouldn't want to wait more than a few days if fluid needs removing !

On a brighter note it's not long till your surgery. Exciting :)
X

Back