• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

Roccosmummy

Who else is looking forwards to a new year, new you?!
Please join in and give details of your January surgery date, type of wls, with whom and where?Include your start weight and BMI if you wish!

I'll start......

Jan 14th
Band revision to bypass (keyhole)
Chris Pring St Richards Chichester W. Sussex
NHS
17st 7lbs ish BMI 38
Preop diet starts 1st Jan !

robina

im now a january opper after hospital cancelled my december slot due to lack of beds

3rd of january
gastric bypass
dr ackroyd, northern general, sheffield
NHS
start weight was somewhere around 25 and a half stone BMI 68
pre op starts christmas eve!

larabelle

All bring well should be having my surgery around 14th jan and cannot wait. If I could get in before Christmas I would but only just started with private hospital. The consultant is away skiing the first week of new year then as soon as he is back I'm having surgery. Got my dietitian app on Tuesday along with sleep study kit and then if they are happy with that then it will be a bypass. Fx they don't say band would be better as I feel that bypass is better for me personally.

larabelle

Not sure what happened to my post but my potential date is around 14th January just waiting for dietitian appointment on Tuesday then will finalise dates. So excited and so nervous at the same time. Only nervous about the op itself and pain. Its a little thing to go through for something that is going to enhance my life so much.

Roccosmummy

January is only just around the corner! There must be a few more peeps having surgery in the new year ??!!!
Please add yourself if you are :))

Matra

Hi there, I'm in for January!

January 14th 2014
BMI Albyn Proff Duff Bruce
Private
About 20st
Preop diet starts 6th Jan - high protein, low carb

Matra

Opps, forgot to add that I'll be having the sleeve x

andie1379

Who else is looking forwards to a new year, new you?! Please join in and give details of your January surgery date, type of wls, with whom and where?Include your start weight and BMI if you wish! I'll start...... Jan 14th Band revision to bypass (keyhole) Chris Pring St Richards Chichester W. Sussex NHS 17st 7lbs ish BMI 38 Preop diet starts 1st Jan !

Ok I just saw this so here are my details:

23rd January
Bypass
Mr alan li in Manchester
Start weight-I think around 23 stone (BMI 53) but maybe a bit more cause I know I have to start my pre op diet after Xmas so I have a few meals out and nites out with the boyfriend and the girls before then!

Matra

Ok I just saw this so here are my details:

23rd January
Bypass
Mr alan li in Manchester
Start weight-I think around 23 stone (BMI 53) but maybe a bit more cause I know I have to start my pre op diet after Xmas so I have a few meals out and nites out with the boyfriend and the girls before then!

Hi Andie1379 - I know the feeling, it's quite incredible just how many meals out I have planned for this month :):crazy:

larabelle

15th January 7am
Mr Gokhale Yorkshire clinic, bingley.
Bypass. Pre op starts 2nd January.
Starting weight 117kg
Height 5'7.5"
BMI 40

So freaking excited and so very nervous about post op diet as I don't drink milk but im sure I will work out a protein rich menu

Last edited:
Surgery date 20th jan
Gastric Band
Dr Gareth Kirk, Ulster Independant Clinic (Belfast)
Start weight 18st ish
BMI 44ish

**becoming a bit scale shy at the min!!**

Good luck everyone <3

Shaz101963

Hi everyone, I'm Sharon, most people call me Shaz.

January 25th
Gastric Bypass
Mr El Hasani - BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital, Orpington, Kent
Private
Scared to step on the scales!!
Preop diet starts 11th January

robina

so for the 3rd time theyve cancelled my date

my new date for this week anyway is the 17th of january

Roccosmummy

so for the 3rd time theyve cancelled my date my new date for this week anyway is the 17th of january
Oh they're really mucking you about. Do they offer a reason for changing dates every time? Fingers crossed they'll stick to the 17th now. Milk diet 3rd Jan then!!!!!!

robina

first was they had no beds on for the dates theyve given and this time they gave my date to someone else

i reminded her again that i have a disabled child and arranging respite is bloody hard but nothing

ill be lucky if i can get the 3 hospital days covered now, first date i would have had 3 weeks respite for

robina

not sure but i think my pre op will be out of date by then too, i had my pre op on the 4th october

ClareA

I to am joining the January oppers. I started to go the NHS route but I am impatient so I'm self funding :)

21st January
RNY
Mr Halstead-The Yorkshire Clinic
Private
Height 5' 6''
Weight 117kg
BMI 41
Pre op starts 7th Jan

Roccosmummy

not sure but i think my pre op will be out of date by then too, i had my pre op on the 4th october

Oh. Yes it sounds like you'll need another pre op. All sounds very inconvenient and awkward for your situation. I hope it all works out somehow.

I have a baby and teen and hubby to work around. Hubby has booked 2 weeks off. I hope my op doesn't get changed. Will be difficult to reorganise everything. I've not spent more than an hour away from my baby. He's 9 months and very clingy since being poorly recently. I'm dreading being away from him. It hurts just thinking about it :-( It will however keep me positive and eager to get moving post op and out of hospital as quickly as possible :) I'm hoping I'll only be in for a night.... Two max!