• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

I am getting really fed up of liquids. I'm 15 days post op and feel like I am swimming inside!!

I feel your pain, also on liquids only and getting really jealous of those on purees lol. I'm 19 days post op and hoping I get told I can have purees tomorrow when I meet the Bariatric nurse......Hang in there, it won't be too long and you will be on the next stage :)

I am getting really fed up of liquids. I'm 15 days post op and feel like I am swimming inside!!

I k ow what you mean, don't have op till Thursday but six weeks of milk diet, then liquids after op is enough to shoot a cow!

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Every time I post with my daily menu, it goes to the moderator for approval

You've posted more than 9 times too lol

To repeat, mainly soups (sieved), shakes, coffee (milky) etc. Oh and lots of water

Homemade soup is much nicer & so simple (coming from a non-cooker)
Horlicks lite
Yogurts
No added sugar juice is great, Ribena Healthy Bones
Soya milk lattes
Fruit smoothes
Drinking yogurts

It is boring but hey your tummy will be nicely healed :)

Had my first post op check up with my team today. They are really pleased with my progress and the best thing is the effect on my Diabetes. Before surgery I was insulin dependent, on Byetta and taking 4 metformin tablets daily. Now I am taking just 2 metformin tablets daily and slowly will be able to come off those as well. Nearly 3 weeks out and on the verge of not being diabetic anymore, I cannot tell you all how that feels, even under tight carb restriction I couldn't get my blood sugar levels into single figures and was very often in the 20 mmol range.

This op has been worth every penny so far and I can only see that continue :) Just wanted to share x

Had my first post op check up with my team today. They are really pleased with my progress and the best thing is the effect on my Diabetes. Before surgery I was insulin dependent, on Byetta and taking 4 metformin tablets daily. Now I am taking just 2 metformin tablets daily and slowly will be able to come off those as well. Nearly 3 weeks out and on the verge of not being diabetic anymore, I cannot tell you all how that feels, even under tight carb restriction I couldn't get my blood sugar levels into single figures and was very often in the 20 mmol range.

This op has been worth every penny so far and I can only see that continue :) Just wanted to share x

that is amazing Clare, well done to you xx :)

Amazeballsbeyond! Ex diabetic soon :)

Just realised I'm almost a month post op !!!
I don't feel like I ever had surgery. I'm sure they removed band and forgot to perform the bypass!? Only difference is I can't be arsed with food anymore!!!
I progressed onto regular textured food very quickly as used to living with a strangulating band. Sometimes I notice restriction from the pouch and sometimes not.

My wounds healed in a matter of days but my tiredness and low energy took a little longer to pick up. I'm still lacking a bit but coping. Just wish the weightloss were a little quicker :-(

How are all you Januaryers doing right now??

Exactly the same. No loss in over 2 weeks now.

im almost 4 weeks out and still in alot of pain. cried tonight cos of it. not been on scales yet but dont feel like ive lost anything

im almost 4 weeks out and still in alot of pain. cried tonight cos of it. not been on scales yet but dont feel like ive lost anything
have you had a follow up appointment yet?

Back