• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Joint pain?

Lynsey83

Hi everyone I hope your all well? I am now 11 months post bypass and have lost just over 100 lbs but I'm having a lot of pain in some of my joints and was wondering if anyone else has had this and if so is there anything that I can do about it other than pain killers? I am starting b12 injections next week.

Have you had your calcium and vit D levels checked lately? When mine were low I had terrible joint pain, mostly my hips, knees, ankles, shoulders and wrists.

It may be worth a visit to the GP for a blood test to check it out. Or you could buy some vit D and see if it gets better. I was recommended at least 5000iu of vit D and bought them from amazon. They're called healthy origins and are £10 fir almost a years supply.

I have a blood test tomorrow to confirm low vitamin D levels as I have already shown up as low once. That sounds exactly like what's happening to me. I'm taking quite a bit of vitamin D already so hopefully the b12 which will improve the absorption of vit d will make me feel better. Thank you

If it's prescribed vit d it won't be strong enough. I was advised by an endocrinologist to take the ones I recommend. It may be worth giving them a go anyway :)

Back