• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

trapped wind??

pinkprincess77

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone else post op experienced trapped wind that only seems to be under the left rib and about 10cm further done? I'm unsure if it is trapped wind or not because I've never had trapped wind before. I just find it strange that the only pain I get in in those 2 places and pain killers don't touch it. Other than that I fell fantastic never better. X

Hi, yes that's trapped wind, I had my op on Tuesday and its been killing me, only today has it started to ease off abit, I'm getting it treacly bad in my left shoulder other than that I have had no other pain.

Hi, yes that's trapped wind, I had my op on Tuesday and its been killing me, only today has it started to ease off abit, I'm getting it treacly bad in my left shoulder other than that I have had no other pain.

Mine as been really bad today all day :(
Yesterday and friday I was fine until about 7pm. I have to admit I've read post pre op about wind and thought it can't be that bad, Boy was I wrong I think I'd rather be in labour lol. Most definitely worth it those :)

Haha same here I didn't think it would be that bad, it's woke me up at 2.30am Saturday and was up for ages. I hope it's on it's way out now lol.

Haha same here I didn't think it would be that bad, it's woke me up at 2.30am Saturday and was up for ages. I hope it's on it's way out now lol.

I was asking the other day and a few said its more or less gone around 10-12 days post op. Fingers crossed for us both x

Hi have either of you tried "gripe water" that you get for babies I found it helped alot with wind painsonly neededit for a couple of days post op. Good luck

Hi have either of you tried "gripe water" that you get for babies I found it helped alot with wind painsonly neededit for a couple of days post op. Good luck

Yeah ive tried gripe water andpeppermint tea but dont seem to help much. How much gripe water did you take?

I have it right now and it's horrible! :( I have had it on and off since my op 10 days ago...I hope it goes soon for you xx

I only had it for a few hours and shifted it by walking ..... which isn't a lot of good in the middle of the night!

Hope you all feel better soon x

I found walking the biggest help ... and a hot water bottle when I was sitting down.

Ive tried walking but doesnt help. I was even walking around the hospital at 3am to try and help it, it just seemed to move it to my shoulder. I think today it as eased a little :)

I had a really bad night last night aswell, the pain was so bad I could t believe it, I tried everything. Today is much better there's still a slight pain but I can bare that.

Does anyone find that eating ( well drinking lol) tends to set the wind off? Ive been fine all night, but now I've just had a protien shake its setting off again. Im making sure I drink slowly, it took me 45 mins to drink 200mls

If its happening with eating and drinking you may need to slow down.

If its happening with eating and drinking you may need to slow down.

I don't know if its because when I eat it moves it a little because I do burp quite a bit. I have drunk too fast and that causes discomfort and bloating. I think its a process of trial and error and re education my self to the new me x

Back