• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

jo's diary :D

well iv been home for 1 day, resting nicely, still quite sore and cant lay down, have to sleep sitting up which is not good, my boy stayed home wiv me last night n looked after me well bless him, everytime i woke or moved he woke too n asked if i was ok or helped me get up, he is only 8 yrs old bless, but tonight he gonna have to sleep over the rents hse cause it not fair on him going to school tired cause im waking him all time, felt so bad this morn watching him go to school bless.

iv had a milky coffee for brekkie and gonna have smoothie for snacks, had a cup a soup yest and could only manage a few mouthfuls, b4 i would have drank 4 of them haha, ne who thanks for ur messages think they have kept my spirits up past couple of day, i really appreceate it, thanks again guys n gals muchos love xxxx

Hey sweetie, glad you are back home with minimal problems. Bless your little one :):) Won't be long before you are back to being his lovely full time mummy xx :):)

Ah JO your diary makes great reading! Can i ask how long did you have to wait between consultation and op day? Xx

hey jo, i didnt wait long, i had consultation on 6th of aug and op on 18th sept, i did get offered earlier and later dates but found 18th more suitable for me.

thanks twinkle im glad to b home too only good thing about staying in the hosp was the bed< cause u could prop urself up tidy to sleep n in my bed it sooo awkward, but it ok getting better each day.

i do have a query o for u peps who have had surgery, im unsure if im eating enough or maybe too much
for brekkie iv had milky coffee
dinner i made up a slimfast but only managed to drink half
for snack i had innocent smoothie 1 full carton think it 180ml
and for t iv have 1 serving of chicken soup
and been drinking bout 500ml of water/squash a day too

any advice will b appreceated, Thanks xxx

Hi Joey. Glad ur doing well. Shame u can't sleep in your bed yet. I was able to straight away but am still lying on my back only. Can't believe how comfy the nights are because I have only ever slept on my side! Hopefully u will be able to get comfy soon! It looks fine what your eating. Everyones guidelines are different. I had 1 weetabix for brekkie & 200ml of liquidised chicken soup for lunch & dinner. For snacks (2 a day), I had low fat custard/sugar free jelly/yogurt. I tried to make sure I had at least 2 litres of water/ sf juice a day. I did that for 2 weeks & am on soft food now so almost back to normal. I love it. It's such a good feeling having food on the back burner - it no longer dictates my life! Wishing u a speedy recovery xx

thanks kel, was a bit worried, im keeping record of everything im eating and will take it with me to dietician next week, im feeling alot better today, not so much pain so hopefully tonight ill sleep better xx

Congratulations on having your op! I hope you have a speedy recovery and good luck on your WLS journey :)

dunno wha is up with the stomach today but the noises it's making jeese sounds like it singing to me, it rumbling all the time lol, had ne 1 else experianced this? xxx

Hi Joe,Great to see you doing so well and recovering quickly,had my band the day after you but progress is very slow still feeling sickly all the time and got terrible daihrrea constantly tired (sorry what a misery)i was hoping you could give me a few ideas as to what you are eating at this stage as everything is turning my stomach Keep up the good work xxx

aww sos orry u not feeling too good with it shell, iv been fine with it thank god, they say peps recover diffrently though, for my food im having Milky coffee for breakfast around 8 to 9am,
slimfast for dinner between 12 n 1pm
then a glass of smoothie usually around 250 ml that ill have at 3ish
then a small bowl of soup i.e chicken, tomato, iv even had mulligatawni soup sieved
now n then ill have a glass of smoothie, milk or coffee at 8ish in night
also i drink about 1ltr of water/squash a day

I hope this is enough info for u, if u need ne more lemmie know xxxx

Thats really kind of you Joe thanks.Struggling with food i'm allowed blended food now but the texture makes me feel sick and i cant take any dairy cause of the diharriea .Mash pots and soup is the limit of my diet at mo.very impatient to get better.you sound so positive and organized well done and your weight loss is terrific.thanks again for taking the trouble. xxx

Now I can't stomach blended food hence y iv gone for slimfast and shop bought soup, looking forward to mon o when I can have mashed stuff yum lol ne who I hope u get better soon, let me know how u get on xx

yes will do and i shall be watching your posts for ideas,tips and motivation.looking forward to mashed myself! thanks.xxx

2nd weigh in today and lost another 2lb so altogether iv lost a stone, i am well happy and will b mega happy jus to lose 2lb a week xx

Hi Joe well done on the weight loss brill start,actually feeling a bit more human today thanks for asking went to see consultant yest he wanted to check my scars which are infected,got to keep up with antibiotics not quiet cleared up yet.wasnt concerned with diarrhea to do with meds killing all good bacteria prob wont go away until antibiotics are finished he said it be ok if i start to mash my food instead of blending so much but not to have it too thick and i must admit its made a huge difference to me got a bit of energy back and feel brighter jus hope this continues.How are you in yourself you ok you enjoying some new foods?

aww glad u feeling alot better it not nice feeling ill when u going through summin like this, im good tired today as been out wiv kids, but other than tha im cool, first day of soft food today and i had porridge this morn ate half a bowl i had 2 egg mayo for dinner and 4 skips and im thinking pasta or fish pie for t xxx

well guys been a while since i posted in here, ne who i went for my first fill today, was quite nervous this morn but for what i dont know all went well, i had 3ml put in as my 10ml band was empty, i went in weighed, spoke to nurse (she happy wiv the way things are)and layed on bed, a few pokes later looking for port the nurse inserted needle (this felt cool as i could feel port moving) when nurse was inserting saline i could feel it inside, strange i know afterwardsz i had to sit in reception and have a hot and cold drink b4 i left (jus incase band too tight) while there i was talking to a lady who now gonna b their advert for weightloss surgery, she had lost a whopping 12 stong and she looked amazing, u would never have thought she was a big girl, she worked in clinic n it was actually nice to see someone who has been through it and come out on top, i know alot of u on here have done really well n iv read in mag bout peps doing well but for me actually seeing it makes it so real, i know a bit odd lol.

Ne way iv had some chicken soup since i been home and all well so far so good, actually feel quite full too so whoop whoop gp me xxxx

Back