• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

Hi all,

Have been following this thread to see how everyone is getting on. Congrats to those who are post-op, good luck to those still waiting and genuine sympathies to this who are experiencing problems.

I have just completed day 5 of the pre-op diet. Have lost just under 8lbs in those 5 days. Am a bit worried though. The surgeon said I need to lose a stone by the time of the op. Really don't know why I was so complacent to leave it so late. I'm worried I won't have lost enough and they won't then perform the surgery :-(

Have my pre-op appointment on Monday then so long as everything is ok surgery the following Monday. Can't wait.

Hi Lozza, how long are you on the pre-op for? You've lost 8lbs in 5 days, that's a huge amount. Most people do pre-op for at least 2 weeks, you have gone great so far, stay positive and stick to it, if you've lost 13 lbs by your op, they're not going to turn you away, as long as you've shrunk your liver, they'll be able to operate and if you've lost that much already, your liver has shrunk.

Good luck. :)

hi Lozza,

amazing weight loss so far!

obviously check with them at your pre op. But ive found they are more concerned about your liber shrinking than the weight loss.

that said though, you're only 5 days in and have lost 8lbs, so you probably will have hit a stone anyway.

keep going:)

Thanks guys. Am on the pre-op diet for 2 weeks so hopefully will manage to shift most of the last 6 pounds by then :)

Some mixed news.

So much of my stomach was removed during surgery that it's almost a gastric sleeve so I need to follow that post op diet. However not enough was removed for long term benefits - maybe 4-6 months worth.

However there are signs of a more serious infection that might require further surgery. I was also advised that within five minutes of my surgery is had become an emergency and was about survival rather than completing the bypass.

It seems I'm not responding to antibiotics so a secondary exploratory surgery may be required.

Some not very nice comments were made about my treatment in the UK.

Some mixed news. So much of my stomach was removed during surgery that it's almost a gastric sleeve so I need to follow that post op diet. However not enough was removed for long term benefits - maybe 4-6 months worth. However there are signs of a more serious infection that might require further surgery. I was also advised that within five minutes of my surgery is had become an emergency and was about survival rather than completing the bypass. It seems I'm not responding to antibiotics so a secondary exploratory surgery may be required. Some not very nice comments were made about my treatment in the UK.

Wow you really have been through the mill Hun. Concentrate on getting better rather than people's negative comments back home.

Hopefully they will get you back to full health and you can make your way home, has anyone been able to visit you?

Some mixed news.

So much of my stomach was removed during surgery that it's almost a gastric sleeve so I need to follow that post op diet. However not enough was removed for long term benefits - maybe 4-6 months worth.

However there are signs of a more serious infection that might require further surgery. I was also advised that within five minutes of my surgery is had become an emergency and was about survival rather than completing the bypass.

It seems I'm not responding to antibiotics so a secondary exploratory surgery may be required.

Some not very nice comments were made about my treatment in the UK.

Oh Marcus, I am so sorry to hear of your difficult week, I can't imagine how you're feeling. Concentrate on getting better and the rest will fall into place. I hope they sort you out soon and you don't need the second surgery and as Sophie asked, is there someone there to support you through this? Lots of love X

Good grief Marcus, that must be a lot to deal with and take in .

If you are likely to get benefits for 4-6 months have they indicated what may be possible after that?

Really hope you don't need secondary surgery and that your body gets the chance to heal. as Stacey said I'm sure everything will fall into place.

Take care x

Blood test gave improved results but they want to keep me in one more day and have another test before releasing me.

My experience if the NHS is misdiagnosis after misdiagnosis. Their rule is follow Ockham's razor until the waiting rooms are empty, don't think there may be occasional zebras.

Hey fellow July oppers!

Hope you're all well and cracking in with either your pre-op or post-ops.

I'm post op day 15 today. Just thought I'd update on progress.

Weight 22st 13.5lb!!

Lost 14.5lb since op
Lost 31.5lb since start of pre op
Lost 49lb since referral

Not sure what I should have lost - but I'm happy and what my body does my body does lol

xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi can I be added to the July oppers list please...

very last minute as I saw my surgeon on the 17th july and as he had a slot on the 30th july I was lucky enough to be given it.

I hadn't eaten prior to seeing him so I left the hospital on my LSD lol..

still pinching myself as I really didn't expect to be having my bypass until end Aug/Sep.
So the thought, that as from today, I only have 11 days till im under the scalpel is quite daunting.

I'm glad though as I just have to get on with it and get everything sorted for my hospital stay.. its a 3 hour drive on a good day from where I live so its going to be a hotel stay near the hospital in Paddington the night before.
Don't want to risk the M25/M11/A406 and a journey across London into the west end to arrive for a 7.30am admission... One accident and I risk arriving late and missing surgery slot and I don't fancy leaving home in the middle of the night either.

Anyways im a happy July pre opper wanting to be added to your july list please xx

Good news then Valetine
marcus hope they sort you out quikly with this problem and with some positive goals for future support. I know it is the not knowing that is most scary. I am back in hospital, it looks like I am reacting to all the formula. So mine is good news. I may have to re introduce puree food early. Was scary waiting for all the results of CT scans etc. Good luck

Hope every one else is going on ok

Hi can I be added to the July oppers list please... very last minute as I saw my surgeon on the 17th july and as he had a slot on the 30th july I was lucky enough to be given it. I hadn't eaten prior to seeing him so I left the hospital on my LSD lol.. still pinching myself as I really didn't expect to be having my bypass until end Aug/Sep. So the thought, that as from today, I only have 11 days till im under the scalpel is quite daunting. I'm glad though as I just have to get on with it and get everything sorted for my hospital stay.. its a 3 hour drive on a good day from where I live so its going to be a hotel stay near the hospital in Paddington the night before. Don't want to risk the M25/M11/A406 and a journey across London into the west end to arrive for a 7.30am admission... One accident and I risk arriving late and missing surgery slot and I don't fancy leaving home in the middle of the night either. Anyways im a happy July pre opper wanting to be added to your july list please xx

Whooooop whoooop! :D

The Hilton is right outside, you could walk there xxx

The Mercure is outside, the Hilton Metropole is just a little further up the road, by Edgware Road tube station. x

Shows how much attention I pay, lol. I could have sworn it was the Hilton Paddington. Opposite the tube station. Blonde moments lol x

The Mercure is outside, the Hilton Metropole is just a little further up the road, by Edgware Road tube station. x

It is on the same road as the hospital, the road in front of the Patterson Centre.., I checked the map. Lol. Knew I wasn't that blonde xx

Attachments

• image-1463900750.jpg
    image-1463900750.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 18
lol you are both right.. but im not liking the price of them very much... Hilton is close to £300 for 2 nights so am looking a little bit further out ... gonna google some more comparison sites for nearby places... He don't mind driving 30 mins or so away from hospital as I have a disabled badge so can park right outside.. (spinal injury, walking wounded).. so its gonna be a case of searching about unless you know of any hidden gems Dave that I could have a look at..

Any ideas gratefully received peeps xxx

bloody school holidays don't help with hotel costs in our capital do they.. £100 a night would be so much better lol .xx

Hi Valentina can you not get a pub that does B&B they can be cheap try googling the area or contact the local tourist board they might have a list of B&Bs

Back