• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

Hi valerian can you not get a pub that does B&B they can be cheap try googling the area or contact the local tourist board they might have a list of B&Bs

Hi and thanks I'm defo going to look more to hotels a bit further out from the hospital... The west end of London isnt awash with B&B sadly...

I'm sure I will find something that's within driving distance of the hospital.. Summer holidays just adds to the price... I was hoping to find something within the 100 a night range but need parking too (don't mind paying extra for that as I know parking is so scarce in paddington and pretty much the whole of west End... Grrr. Xx

Hi and thanks I'm defo going to look more to hotels a bit further out from the hospital... The west end of London isnt awash with B&B sadly... I'm sure I will find something that's within driving distance of the hospital.. Summer holidays just adds to the price... I was hoping to find something within the 100 a night range but need parking too (don't mind paying extra for that as I know parking is so scarce in paddington and pretty much the whole of west End... Grrr. Xx

Go on to laterooms.com there are B&Bs locally, they just aren't well advertised. Some are from £40 a night :)

This one is about 1.5 miles from Paddington xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Attachments

• image-1670924547.jpg
    image-1670924547.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 19
  • image-3094764036.jpg
    image-3094764036.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 22
  • image-1343039433.jpg
    image-1343039433.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 21
Also try travellodge or premierinn we use either if we go somewhere comfy at decent prices usually

I was going to say late rooms as well that's why I suggested the pubs I jus couldn't remember how I booked. I stopped in one recently just outside Berkhampsted not sure if that's to far but it was a pub clean very basic but cheap I thing that was £45/50 for twin. But late rooms have the local B&Bs good luck in your hunt

Hi all.

Well done soph. Hope your feelin ok now.

I,v got 3 more days (excluding today) of the LSD.
Cant say its been a blast only 10 more pints of milk and 6 more muller lights to go!!!!!!!.
I will never look at another yoghurt again. protien or no protien.
I,m startin to gag now thinkin about them.
Well i went to tesco on friday and weighed myself i,v lost around 10 pounds in the last week, takin my pre op weight to over 4 stone now. so so so happy!!!!!
I just wish thursday was here now even though i,m a terriffied wreck. x:)

Sophia dont worry its not fast it will slow its probs the excess water etc I would worry if still massive losses in 3 ir 4 weeks also if your a high weight to start you lose faster to begin with

Thanks everyone for your very helpful replies.. Gonna have a reall search of them all later...

Hope everyone has had a fab weekend zx

Hi all. Well done soph. Hope your feelin ok now. I,v got 3 more days (excluding today) of the LSD. Cant say its been a blast only 10 more pints of milk and 6 more muller lights to go!!!!!!!. I will never look at another yoghurt again. protien or no protien. I,m startin to gag now thinkin about them. Well i went to tesco on friday and weighed myself i,v lost around 10 pounds in the last week, takin my pre op weight to over 4 stone now. so so so happy!!!!! I just wish thursday was here now even though i,m a terriffied wreck. x:)

Not long to go Hun, exciting times. I am absolutely petrified of surgery and the night before I was a wreck. But on the day for some reason I had a calming effect and was quite chilled, I cried when I saw the surgeon and cried when I walked into theatre but not nearly as bad as previous operations.

Between now and Thursday will fly by, trust me. Make the most of getting your housework done and all those little bits you won't be doing for a while after xx

Someone who weighs say 27 stone could lose a stone a week and someone weighing 18 stone could lose a pound but first couple weeks is prob water etc and yvw

Hotels around wembley can be cheap when there isn't a major event happening.

24th July

Hi

I'm July too - the 24th - at Treliske in Truro.

cd

Ok so if I'm right, for the rest of the month we have:

heavenlykaty - TODAY - bypass
chrisyd - 24th
Rachanmy - 24th - bypass
Lozza40 - 28th - bypass
valentine - 30th - bypass
cld86 - 31st - sleeve

Have I missed anyone??

Good luck to you all! How's the pre op diets going??

July post oppers,

How are we all?

Ok so if I'm right, for the rest of the month we have:

heavenlykaty - TODAY - bypass
chrisyd - 24th
Rachanmy - 24th - bypass
Lozza40 - 28th - bypass
valentine - 30th - bypass
cld86 - 31st - sleeve

Have I missed anyone??

Good luck to you all! How's the pre op diets going??
Hi

It is good to know there are others out there going through this at the same time. I'm on day 12 of the LRD - milk only. I thought that I'd be crawling up the walls - but it is not as bad as I imagined. Haven't cheated at all - my surgeon threatened to sew me back up and send me home if I did lol.

Cd

Feeling much better am now eating drinking and keeping it down. down 2kg since out of hospital yesterday most of it water from the drips they used to re-hydrate me. Enjoying banana and strawberry smoothys and soup with protein powder. They have to be watered down and blitzed well through blender but they taste nice. Now my pain is dropping i am forgetting to sip sometimes and take a gulp and regret it. Just about to stick one of those lovely needles in to stop clots. Wife is in kitchen crushing all my tablets and adding them to 10 cc of water.

Hello wireman glad to hear from you how long do you have to inject yourself, in think if I'm given that job my husband is in for a crash course of nursing I don't think I can do that bit. Take it easy and don't rush your recovery :)

The injections are for two weeks

I am going to take it very easy and enjoy my recovery. I do not want to go back inside hospital again. Twice in ten days is enough.

Back