• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

All doing fab good loses keep it up

Katy! hello, glad to see you around!

Wireman, massive difference!

Sophia, I'm the only person who can't see a difference in myself yet... it's very annoying!!

Ok so:

Weight lost since op (19 days): 13lb
Total weight lost since beginning pre op diet: 2 stone

(i've stalled for the last 4 days... it's starting to really annoy me now)

If you stall could be transition in foods or cut carbs try couple days back on liquids I weigh once a week and always a loss at the end of it

I'm still on liquids at the moment Adele.

Definitely got to try to wean myself off of weighing myself every day though!

Hi guys,
I am one day post op today.
Operation did not go as planned. Was due to have the bypass but when the surgeon got inside he found too many adhesions from my c section 10 years ago. He ended up doing the sleeve. Felt a bit disappointed although not sure why.

Am in a bit of pain still but what is really getting me down is the acid reflux :-(

Need to read up a little on how to get the best out of the sleev.

Lorraine

Hi guys, I am one day post op today. Operation did not go as planned. Was due to have the bypass but when the surgeon got inside he found too many adhesions from my c section 10 years ago. He ended up doing the sleeve. Felt a bit disappointed although not sure why. Am in a bit of pain still but what is really getting me down is the acid reflux :-( Need to read up a little on how to get the best out of the sleev. Lorraine

That's a shame, however on the bright side it was better than nothing :) yes I have bad acid reflux as well, I can no longer drink any citrus drinks x

Hi guys,
I am one day post op today.
Operation did not go as planned. Was due to have the bypass but when the surgeon got inside he found too many adhesions from my c section 10 years ago. He ended up doing the sleeve. Felt a bit disappointed although not sure why.

Am in a bit of pain still but what is really getting me down is the acid reflux :-(

Need to read up a little on how to get the best out of the sleev.

Lorraine
Dear Lorraine. I think that I would be disappointed too - as most of my reading had been on bypass ops.
But while I was looking at options, the sleeve did have a great success rate - as good as the bypass - it's just that there is less long tern research. You will be fine, I'm sure, these are big ops and very emotional too as we have all invested so much in the process.
cd xx

Hi guys, I am one day post op today. Operation did not go as planned. Was due to have the bypass but when the surgeon got inside he found too many adhesions from my c section 10 years ago. He ended up doing the sleeve. Felt a bit disappointed although not sure why. Am in a bit of pain still but what is really getting me down is the acid reflux :-( Need to read up a little on how to get the best out of the sleev. Lorraine
The good thing to remember is that the sleeve is still a good option, and definitely better than if the surgeon wasn't able to perform any surgery. That would have been horribly disappointing.

And as for the acid, I suffered with it horrendously for the first few days. I'm currently a week out and I still get it, but it is slowly dulling down. Have you been prescribed anything for acid? They gave me Lansoprazole and, after increasing the dose on the advice of my nurse, they do help! Omeprazol are also very good, I was previously prescribed them and they were a godsend!

Don't worry, from what I've been told, the acid will die off eventually :)

Hey Lozza, exactly the same thing happened to me - I was booked in for a bypass and ended up with a sleeve due to adhesions. Also my bowel is the wrong way round. I have found the sleeve really good, Ive lost 7st altogether. I would still like to lose 2-3st more, but it's not coming off easily, so I will need to start exercising. However still lost 70% of my excess weight, so as far as the team are concerned, the op has been more than successful. You tend to have less malabsorption issues with the sleeve, except watch the B12 - I take sublingual B12 spray. Also I can tolerate most foods. I was disappointed at first, but did lots of research, came to the conclusion the sleeve was better for me, and have worked with it. Hope you have success with yours xxx

Hi all

Glad to see your all doin so well.

Lookin realy good wireman defo some serious shrinkidge goin on there!!!!!

Well folks im now 5 days post op and worryin an panicin like a mad woman!!!.

Iv no idea if this is normal or not but im hoping someone can relate.

I can drink any amount of fluids.
I dont feel full but then im not starving either.
Iv not once felt sick.
Im lookin through a magazine and come to the cookery bit an i think...Yeah... Icould eat that.
Icant help but think it aint bloody worked i feel to normal.

Ikeep thinkin i must have had two stomachs an one was missed!!!!!

Please tell me if this is normal or am i losing the plot.
..lol. :wave_cry:xx

Hi Rachanmy, we are all different. I didn't feel any restriction until I started on puree, but even then it was only once or twice. I don't feel restriction now, I just feel satisfied, which is when I stop eating. It will come, you are still healing, these things take time. When I first had the op, I hardly ate anything, not due to any restriction, just I think because I was so focused on the fact that I wouldn't be able to eat much, that I didn't even try. The first couple of days, all I could manage was a couple of sips of each meal. I can now manage half a tin of soup and sometimes feel satisfied before I've finished, so stop. I'm about 2.5 months out. xx

Thanks everyone.
I am very grateful that I will be leaving hospital with something to show for it and am determined to make it work for me.
Should be leaving hospital today. Am still in a lot discomfort down one side of my stomach but I know I will feel a lot better in my own bed.

Hi lozza congrats on reaching the bench sorry it wasnt the planned op but rather the sleeve than just nothing I would say rest recover and see how you go

Rach im coming up 4 months post op I get no restriction I can drink masses and proper mouthful not just a sip I also feel like I was never bypassed though I think in my case I feel no restriction as I am not eating enough

Hi all have been allowed out the hospital as I'm not going to theatre till this afternoon...

Am sat in Hyde park with a small tea (surgeon said be fine to have one) watching the world go by with my lovely fella.. Beats sitting in the hospital waiting room...

Will post again once I'm bypassed later today..

And yes I'm feeling slightly nervous but the park is taking my mind off things xx

Lozza, sorry to hear it didn't go as planned, but i agree with the others, better a sleeve than nothing :)

valentine, good luck!

Hi all have been allowed out the hospital as I'm not going to theatre till this afternoon... Am sat in Hyde park with a small tea (surgeon said be fine to have one) watching the world go by with my lovely fella.. Beats sitting in the hospital waiting room... Will post again once I'm bypassed later today.. And yes I'm feeling slightly nervous but the park is taking my mind off things xx

Eek good luck Hun. Look forward to hearing from you xx

One week out

Hi all

Well one week out and things seem mostly ok. Hardly any pain, still windy and a lost morning after senna liquid - oh my. Today I discovered that I have oral thrush - which apparently not unusual after surgery. Started the puréed foods stage today - so had some soup that I made before surgery. Have had yogurt, jelly and protein ice cream. All OK so far. Any thoughts on what I should try tomorrow?

Wish I knew how to post to the right thread. :sigh:

cd
X

Last edited:
Back