• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

I'm on every did antacids had a endoscopy the other day but they said everything looked fine... just don't know what's happening. I'm defo going bald it's awful :/ xx

I had read that this can be a side effect of rapid weight loss. In fact experienced it many years ago when my husband left me and I lost 5 stone in 3 months (best diet ever that husband fkd off and left me one lol) my hair did grow in again. So don't be too fearful babe. It should only be temporary xxxx

Is there nothing you (we) can take to boast the hair growth. I was told its all about the protein. A woman in the same ward had the op last year and she has lost 10 stone, she said she started to loose her hair and she was told to increase the protein and her hair was ok

Is there nothing you (we) can take to boast the hair growth. I was told its all about the protein. A woman in the same ward had the op last year and she has lost 10 stone, she said she started to loose her hair and she was told to increase the protein and her hair was ok

Yes. I've been told the same. Increase protein.

Been told to drink a pint of milk a day to up calories and get 'quick win' protein into my diet.

I have PCOS so suffer badly with protein anyway x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes. I've been told the same. Increase protein.

Been told to drink a pint of milk a day to up calories and get 'quick win' protein into my diet.

I have PCOS so suffer badly with protein anyway x

At what stage did you guys experience the hair loss? I haven't had any yet and wondering when/if I will x

At what stage did you guys experience the hair loss? I haven't had any yet and wondering when/if I will x

I've suffered with thinning hair for a few years. Because of PCOS. But I noticed around weeks 8-10 that more hair was coming out of my brush and while washing it etc. It's all over my clothes everything!

I've been really increasing my protein intake to 80g+ A day over the last week or two. And it seems to have slowed down.

BUT the downside it increasing my protein intake is that my weight is now stalling and going up by a lb or so - just hovering on the wrong side of the numbers.

The increased protein has only taken me to 1,200 cals max.

Maybe it's my body adjusting to higher calories again? I hope so. I have such a long way to go.

I hate having PCOS makes loosing weight a nightmare. The surgery has helped me shift the bulk. But now I'm going to have to work hard!! Had hoped the fast loses would last longer for me. But nope. xx

Hi might sound like a silly thought but is there different types of protein that works just on the hair, like cheese, for nails, Mike for eyes etc just a thought, something I'm going to look into.

Some say biotin for hair loss

Monday weigh in

Todays weight - 21 stone 2lb
Weight loss since last weigh in - 2lb
Weight loss since op - 4 stone 3lb
Weight loss since pre op - 5 stone 4lb

Don't feel like I've had a good week this week :(

Hope everyone else is ok xx

Morning Girlie's

My weigh in is a bit out of kilter because it's not a week since I did it so can't tell you my weeks loss, but will be back to normal next week.

Weight loss since 1st June - 8st 8.2lbs
Weight loss since op - 6st 1.2lbs

I really need to get back into the gym. I have been off for the last 10 day's therefore been lazy and not gone. Looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow.

X

I think it's the exercise .. I NEED TO DO MORE!!!!!! x

I've just changed job roles, and therefore changed hours, a mate and I did say that we were going to join the gym once I changed jobs... will probably wait until 23rd (payday) now though.

I can't help worrying I left it too late to start to be honest, I've missed out on 3 months of exercising... the first 3 months where your weight loss is at its best!

Post Op Day 120 - Monday weigh in

Weight: 19st 11.25lb

Yay! Lost 3.25lb this week! Was worried as I have increased protein to 60g-80g and increased calories to around 1,200. Which maybe the reason for the last two weeks wobbles.

Weight loss since referral: 94lb (one year ago on 6th November)
Weight loss since PreOp diet: 75lb
Weight loss since Op day: 59lb

:D

Only down side is hair-loss! I'll keep you updated in the progress. Sat in the office with an Aloe Hair Mask on! Hahaha xx

Attachments

• image-3776741780.jpg
    image-3776741780.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 14
I've just changed job roles, and therefore changed hours, a mate and I did say that we were going to join the gym once I changed jobs... will probably wait until 23rd (payday) now though. I can't help worrying I left it too late to start to be honest, I've missed out on 3 months of exercising... the first 3 months where your weight loss is at its best!

I'm starting in the new year. Still too tired now xx

Lets motivate each other Helen!! x

Don't worry too much hun, I was swimming alot before so just got straight back into it 3 weeks post op. It isn't all about the gym though, try and walk as much as possible. I've started walking to see my mum which is about 15 mins rather than drive, walking on lunch breaks etc. It's just little things :)

Back