• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

I am having my op on July 9th at Leicester Royal Infirmary. I am on a 1000 calls a day pre-op been interesting to balance my insulin had 3 big hypos But looking forward to the operation and a change in my life and hopefully better health. I am so sorry to read of cancellation. I am writing this quite calm but I am so excited inside, fit to burst.

Soon be july hope your all doing ok with pre op diet and all ready for the new you good luck all

Thanks Princess, it will be here before we know it but at the moment I am feeling every minute.
Hello Wireman, good luck.

When I can find it I will put the list up again

Have a good day all

My son reminds me when its here his b/day is the 2nd and reminds me im old when he says he will be 26 lol

My Eldest is 28 so I know how that feels xx

My oldest will be 29 this yr and the grandkids oldest will be 7 im old its official

Hi Wireman, best of luck... we are having our ops on the same day :)

Definitely,

I look forward to hearing how you are getting on :)

Week 1 of pre op diet is complete.. one week to go... I dreamt of roast chicken last night, and I swear I could taste it this morning when I woke up... Can't wait to go back to sleep tonight now... ;-) x

Hi wireman welcome and good luck

Welcome Wireman xx

Sorry to all the liquid pre opers

Is anyone on the food? After some advise on meals. Because I'm scared of venturing off I have stuck to the following every day for the last week -

Breakfast - whole meal toast with light cream cheese

Lunch - ham and egg salad

Dinner - salad with salmon and cottage cheese oh and a few crackerbreads.

An apple and a pear for snacks.

Anyone got any other recommendations?

Also really annoyed. Last week I was on liquid and to be fair I wasn't drinking more than 2 a day due to it making me feel so poorly. I lost 1st in a week and when I weighed myself this morning I've gained 2lbs but I don't understand how?!

Hi sophiapink100 I was put on the food told limit 1000 calls a day. I have kept to it and a week later only lost 2 kilo’s. Frankly I am a bit worried that I should have lost more. We just have to keep to it I suppose. If I do not lose after weekend I will most likely get in touch with my dietician.

Hi sophiapink100 I was put on the food told limit 1000 calls a day. I have kept to it and a week later only lost 2 kilo's. Frankly I am a bit worried that I should have lost more. We just have to keep to it I suppose. If I do not lose after weekend I will most likely get in touch with my dietician.

It's crazy isn't it. I think I've put weight on because I've gone from 400 cals a week to 1000 so my body's grabbed onto everything. What have you been eating?

Cereal breakfast, mid-morning an apple, lunch salad tuna/pilchards or similar, mid-afternoon a pear, dinner weight watchers meal. My surgeon said I should just eat two weight watchers meals and some fruit. My dietician said stick to the three meals and three snacks a day that I used to lose my 5% that I had to prove I could do.

Week 1 of pre op diet is complete.. one week to go... I dreamt of roast chicken last night, and I swear I could taste it this morning when I woke up... Can't wait to go back to sleep tonight now... ;-) x

I've got it for three weeks. Going stir crazy. Outwardly calm - stiff upper lip can be handy but under the cover it's a different story.

Good morning sophiapink100 I finally dropped another killogram

Well done!!!

I find It's so encouraging when you see the numbers on the scales going downwards!!

We're nearly there! xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back