• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

What's important is that your weight is dropping. WLS is different for everyone. Think of your optimum target then work out 65% and make that your target. It's more realistic.

Thank you. xx

I think my problem is I've gone past my original target of 18st 6lb - this was my lowest weight.

Now I'm in no mans land, need a new target xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I must admit, I haven't been posting on here as I've been embarrassed! I mean, I've had weight loss surgery and still find it difficult to lose weight - I'm almost ashamed of myself. Its silly really, my logical side knows that but it doesn't make me feel any better! xx

I know what you mean I feel exactly the same. I guess we shouldn't compare ourselves with everyone else's losses as we all lose weight at a different rate. My starting weight was 20 stone and I am now 15 stone 3 so a weight loss of nearly 5 stone in 8 months. Feel quite despondent sometimes but I guess 5 stone is something I would have never manage to lose without surgery. X

We all have stalls at some point as we all still see the fat person in the mirror the head takes forever to catch up but you have done awesome so hold your head high and be proud of the achievement

Thank you x

What happens in your head no one can ever prepare you for, that's been by biggest struggle. Sometimes I feel sick at the thought of putting a piece of food in my mouth, I have one extreme to the next days. It's mad. You will get there, you have done so amazing xxx

Thank you x

I know what you mean I feel exactly the same. I guess we shouldn't compare ourselves with everyone else's losses as we all lose weight at a different rate. My starting weight was 20 stone and I am now 15 stone 3 so a weight loss of nearly 5 stone in 8 months. Feel quite despondent sometimes but I guess 5 stone is something I would have never manage to lose without surgery. X

Exactly. I feel the same. I roiling have got here without surgery but it's almost like I'm disappointed I'm not 'slim' yet. xx

Monday weigh in

Today's weight - 16 St 2lb
Weight loss this week - 2lb
Weight loss since pre op - 10 st 4lb
Weight loss since pre op - 9st 3lb

Helen dont you dare beat yourself up missy, you've done amazing x

Well done again Sam

Thanks Hun xx

Thanks xx

Well Done Sam!!

Feel your pain. I have lost nothing from late November. Well I have but have regained and now sitting at November weight :-(

Anyone who thinks this is an easy option have no idea :(

Anyone who thinks this is an easy option have no idea :(

I find I can get OCD about keeping to the rules and I weigh myself far too often. There are times I deliberately delay drinking or eating until after I've been to the bathroom in order to get the weight down just that little bit more. Silly, isn't it.

I find I can get OCD about keeping to the rules and I weigh myself far too often. There are times I deliberately delay drinking or eating until after I've been to the bathroom in order to get the weight down just that little bit more. Silly, isn't it.

Snap!!

Hi all, well still in a stall. Finally had reflux diagnosed. Possible options (This is advice from a consultant, not mine though) is meds.. (which i have been on and its not worked) ive been taking my lanzoprosol since surgery. Had been taking 2 a day but been told only 1! The final option would be to convert my sleeve to a bypass! I have to admitt that when i was told that, i felt angry with myself! Purely because the sleeve was my choice, i researched hard and felt i had made the best choice! To have to go through a bypass now, makes me feel stupid for picking the sleeve. Saying that, right now the reflux is that bad they can do whatever they like! Anyway, its not set in stone. Im waiting for an apt with my consultant to go through the options. Thanks for the advice, also no one should ever feel ashamed! We have been though so much! Im frustrated, anoyed, peeved off! But, never ashamed. You have done so well!!! There is absalutely nothing to be ashamed of xxx

Hi all, well still in a stall. Finally had reflux diagnosed. Possible options (This is advice from a consultant, not mine though) is meds.. (which i have been on and its not worked) ive been taking my lanzoprosol since surgery. Had been taking 2 a day but been told only 1! The final option would be to convert my sleeve to a bypass! I have to admitt that when i was told that, i felt angry with myself! Purely because the sleeve was my choice, i researched hard and felt i had made the best choice! To have to go through a bypass now, makes me feel stupid for picking the sleeve. Saying that, right now the reflux is that bad they can do whatever they like! Anyway, its not set in stone. Im waiting for an apt with my consultant to go through the options. Thanks for the advice, also no one should ever feel ashamed! We have been though so much! Im frustrated, anoyed, peeved off! But, never ashamed. You have done so well!!! There is absalutely nothing to be ashamed of xxx

Hi there, having had bad reflux for the last 20 months I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It is one of those things that makes day to day living unbearable. I really hope you get it sorted out. Meds help a little but I have decided to revise from my band to a bypass and it cannot come soon enough.

One thing though no point beating yourself up about it, you made the best choice you thought at the time. None of us can see into the future.
Good luck!
X

I also suffered terrible reflux when I had my band and converted to bypass. It's a terrible thing to live with so I really feel for you xxx

Monday weigh in

Today's weight - 15st 12lb
Weight loss this week - 4lb
Weight loss since pre op - 10 st 8lb
Weight loss since pre op - 9st 7lb

Back