• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

wow that portion looks MASSIVE to me - im 9 weeks post op and tbh dont even feel like eating - struggling on a wheetabix

At nine weeks I managed about three to six teaspoons

Everyone's restriction is different - also I find I can eat more in the afternoon than i can in the evening - no idea why?

Yes it can vary but there can be definitely a big difference between what people even with the same op can have. Weird huh? I know I am not pushing how much I can eat, I stop as soon as I feel anything like fullness, and recently my restriction has been more but it is weird seeing people say a few teaspoons when I know I can have a lot more than that. It means we have to work harder I guess lol. Would be interesting to see stats on now many go on to lose the 100% of weigh loss required in each group. Guess those figures not collated by anyone.

We all have individual journeys, thats for sure :)

Yes it can vary but there can be definitely a big difference between what people even with the same op can have. Weird huh? I know I am not pushing how much I can eat, I stop as soon as I feel anything like fullness, and recently my restriction has been more but it is weird seeing people say a few teaspoons when I know I can have a lot more than that. It means we have to work harder I guess lol. Would be interesting to see stats on now many go on to lose the 100% of weigh loss required in each group. Guess those figures not collated by anyone. We all have individual journeys, thats for sure :)

Oh most definitely. I never fill myself as I hate that full feeling it makes me so nervous haha - weird huh!

The difference between each individual journey is huge as well - some people have the same op at the same time but will end at different stages or stall at different stages etc. I have watched so many people get disheartened on here because they see others speeding ahead which makes me real sad actually because we should all enjoy and make the most of our own journeys.

My biggest struggle wasn't shifting the weight, it dropped off me but the mental and emotional side is what I found the toughest. When I hit around 6 months I lost who I was I was scared of who I was becoming I was scared of becoming in the spot light etc. I'm from a small town so when I go out for a drink which is rare I get a ridiculous amount of attention - it's nice that people want to compliment me but sometimes they don't shut up lol and I want to become invisible again.

It's a strange old ride!

Kirsty...I could do 4 times that..hahaha of brilliant!!! Usual humour without intention!!!
I would struggle to get the skewer bit in, forget the spuds and green sticks! I would start with the skewer as that's protein and that how I look at food now.

Kirsty...I could do 4 times that..hahaha of brilliant!!! Usual humour without intention!!! I would struggle to get the skewer bit in, forget the spuds and green sticks! I would start with the skewer as that's protein and that how I look at food now.

That's exactly how I eat I ate the protein then the asparagus :)

That's exactly how I eat I ate the protein then the asparagus :)

Me too. All meals are planned around the protein, except for maybe breakfast if I am having cereal. I feel fuller on eggs and beans at brekkie but I also get problems then with constipation, have to mix it up a bit lol.

Asparagus...is that the green sticks?!?
I'm good with spuds..boiled, mashed, roasted, jacket,new,chipped, wow lots of varieties!!
You're all over it Sophia as your weight loss shows x

Asparagus...is that the green sticks?!? I'm good with spuds..boiled, mashed, roasted, jacket,new,chipped, wow lots of varieties!! You're all over it Sophia as your weight loss shows x

Yes it is the green sticks lol. It is soooo good for you, it has 0 fat, minimal calories (I believe it is around 25 per 5 sticks) and is packed with antioxidants, vitamin A,C,D,E,K and apparently stuff that potentially helps our bodies fight off cancers and things. I'm a real asparagus fan just because it's nothing but goodness lol. Try to have it at least twice a week :)

Thank you Hun! X

Forgot to post weigh in.

Todays weigh in -
Weight loss since June 1st - 14st 11.2
Weight loss since op - 12st 12lb (ish)
Loss this week - 0.7lb
Starting weight - 30st 3.5bs
Current weight - 15st 6lbs

Hope everyone is doing okay XXXX

You are very sweet TB :) I thought I would post an example meal to see what everyone else is eating portion wise etc? So this is a side plate - I left 2 potatoes but ate the rest

Looks like a very nice dinner. I just would say too many potatoes and would leave only one on my plate but add some carrots, cauliflower, green beans or other veg. But amount in total would be similar.

Looks like a very nice dinner. I just would say too many potatoes and would leave only one on my plate but add some carrots, cauliflower, green beans or other veg. But amount in total would be similar.

They are the only carbs I eat all day. I have one meal with carbs in. I also live alone so having lots of different veg isn't economical for me

Today's weight - 15st 2lb
Weight loss since last weigh in - 2lb
Weight loss since pre op - 11st 4lb
Weight loss since pre op - 10st 3lb

Well Done July 2014 Crew!!

I'm so jealous of you all!!

I'm still 17st 7lb!! Weight has not budged at all.

Keep up the good work xxxx

Well done again on the losses

Back