• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just a little word from a long termer bypasser

Wow Weightlossdreamer your comments really made me think. I too have paid for all this myself (well with a loan !!!) and you are right I should be more positive - maybe putting my 'big' clothes in the loft is too negative and perhaps I am setting myself up for a failure thinking that way. I too see this as a complete change in life style and do believe, hope and pray that my "diet" days are behind me ! Thanks for your comments x

WeightlossDreamer

no problems its just how i feel, i dont think it does to be pesamistic when your trying to achieve something like this. I do believe positivity breeds positive results.

emma-louise

my new life!!
i think im one of the 'gone forever' people, and its good to see the other side of the coin from a long term wls patient. I completely understand we may gain weight back, you cant tell whats going to happen years down the line, but for me at this stage in the process i have to think positively. If i dont think positive then what was the point in shelling out the money ive spent, going through all the psychological side of things, and electing to put myself through a general anaesthetic to go under the knife to get to this stage and think in that way.

I know for myself at this stage i have to keep up that positivity and believe this is going to change my battle with weight forever.

I'm not bashing anything your saying because i understand the very real side of wls and that is, is that it is not a miracle cure.

But to coincide with my weightloss surgery i have changed my lifestyle. I am not on a diet i have chosen to change the way i live and hope to live forever. I cant rule out future occurances i have no control over yet, but i can continue to be positive x

To a certain degree I'm a gone forever girl(I threw my big clothes away!) before surgery I would have sneaky stored them x
And I intend my weight to be gone forever too..
I just slipped up and wanted to warn others how easily done it is.
I think in the early days when the weight drops off very quickly especially with bypassers.
I got a little into the mindset that I didn't really have to diet..
Anyway I like your positivity,and its great we are all here for each other.
Xx best wishes xx

slaz

You have to believe that this is forever otherwise there is no point in doing it. That is not to say that we can ever take our foot off the pedal, it will always be an effort. I was a 50 a day smoker 30 years ago before giving it up but I still fancy a cigarette and know that if I had one I would be smoking again within days. Food is the same.
Being a man clothes are probably not as important to me but this time I have made a point of either chucking them out or taking them to a charity shop as soon as I have grown out of them. I have now exhausted my entire wardrobe and am now in territory that I last saw 40 years ago. Even my shoes are too big.

Flickalicious

Bit of a weirdy! XD
Thank you Emma-Louise for posting this :) Im only 4 weeks out so very much a newbie to WLS! For me this is forever - it has to be! :D My hubby and I are desperate for more babies but with PCOS making me sub-fertile and fertility treatment declined due to BMI this was it for us! Now i have the chance to complete my family, im not guna jepodise that for a "beer & a burger" :p I still have size 14-16-18 clothes in the attic from my teen days with the wish id get back into them. When I do ill be swiftly selling/donating all my big clothes never to see them again!

I might keep my biggest pair but only so I can do the trousers leg trick ;)

WeightlossDreamer

To a certain degree I'm a gone forever girl(I threw my big clothes away!) before surgery I would have sneaky stored them x And I intend my weight to be gone forever too.. I just slipped up and wanted to warn others how easily done it is. I think in the early days when the weight drops off very quickly especially with bypassers. I got a little into the mindset that I didn't really have to diet.. Anyway I like your positivity,and its great we are all here for each other. Xx best wishes xx
thanks Hun and good luck x x