• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just asking info really

Tinkerbellx

Is there anybody that did not / does not take their vits and supplements ... I'm just being curious lol im a nosy cow.

If you didn't what was the outcome etc has it given long term problems.

Is there anybody that did not / does not take their vits and supplements ... I'm just being curious lol im a nosy cow.

If you didn't what was the outcome etc has it given long term problems.

Funny you should ask that. I collected all my supplements from the GP and its a lot really but I have yet to take them. My diet is really good in terms of being balanced etc and I have the protein thats recommended.
I feel and look really well and haven't had a problem with hair loss etc. I suppose until I have my first lot of bloods tested which will be in August (op was in April) I will have no way of knowing if I am as well as I feel.!
Was there a particular reason for your question?

I'm three years out shortly, and was just wondering as you hear so many stories. Like most I forget at times especially when I'm in a rush or away for the weekend.

I have downloaded a Meds app that reminds me wen to take them etc xxx

I take mine every day,, only on one or two occasions have I forgotten if I have been away for the weekend.
As I was on over 20 pills a day pre-op it is a blessing for me to now only take 3 pills. (2x Calcium & 1x Multi-vitamin)

Old habits dye hard though, so every month, when I collect my prescription, I pop them all out into those daily pill boxes.

I have 4 (each one holds 7 days worth) so I can pop the whole months supply.

It only takes me 10 mins,, once a month. but is so handy. as all I have to do now is grab a days strip/container and slip it in my handbag or pocket.

JayHobbs said:
I take mine every day,, only on one or two occasions have I forgotten if I have been away for the weekend.
As I was on over 20 pills a day pre-op it is a blessing for me to now only take 3 pills. (2x Calcium & 1x Multi-vitamin)

Old habits dye hard though, so every month, when I collect my prescription, I pop them all out into those daily pill boxes.

I have 4 (each one holds 7 days worth) so I can pop the whole months supply.

It only takes me 10 mins,, once a month. but is so handy. as all I have to do now is grab a days strip/container and slip it in my handbag or pocket.

Great advise xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i had forgotten mine at times. am low on vit d and iron so am really trying to remember to take tablets.
in relation to feeling well - i felt well and hair loss didnt start till 3months post op - so my advice would be - take ur supplements no matter how ur feeling

must admit,i often forget:(
i have to take 9
1 multivitamin
2 calcium
2 iron
2 folic acid (just been put on them)
and
2 fast tabs
i'm glad i'm not the only one to forget,but need to make more effort.
tracy

Why if you are prescribed medication wouldnt you take it?We are on supplements for life after wls,not a hard thing to do considering all the other c**p we used to shovel in our mouths.I can understand if you are already taking loads of pills a few more is a pain but its your health.Dont go crying to the doc when your tired,have bad skin,colds etc,No matter how much of a good diet we eat,we cant get the right amount of nutrients in anymore ergo supplements.
If you had heart failure and your doc prescribed meds for that would you take them?Dont scupper your surgery before you start.Best of luck.Maz x

Maz,

I didn't say I did not take my vits etc it was a general info question. As I said i sometimes forget lol we are human ....

Ones thinks if I didn't I would have a few problems by now.

I agree we are told tk take them for very very good reasons and have to for life.

V

we mal absorb the meds r there for a reason... take them or you may have long term health problems, weak bones ect i take mine every day as there important x

Tink my post was for Sydenham. I would hate to think they were losing health for the sake of taking a few tablets.Maz x

Back