• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OK here we are LongtermersRus

Well all seems to have gone quiet on here again, I know you started a separate post CCPM I responded on it.

How are you doing Emma Louise? Any better today. My tummy showed signs of starting yesterday took the buscopan and sorted it out before it got started. lol xx really pleased else would have spoilt my night out/catch up with old work collegaues.

I think a lot of aftercare has big issues I think they just can't cope with the amount of patients that have been and are coming through the doors also like you said above CCPM the evidence is poor and sometimes our doctors fob us off and then the hospital are too busy and we feel we are suffering unnecessarily which some of us are they stopped a group from our local hospital where my surgery took place which was patient led. They took the group away from the leader and have restarted it with a couple of medical professionals but I don't think it is as helpful as the patient led ones were, a combination would have been good but I think they just have a patient speaker come along each session now and that's about it. Before it was like a self help group but well respected and enjoyably run and people would bring clothes and things along to help out others going down through the changes in size. Self help is how we are thriving must of the time and 1 st hand experience can be great and reassuring that others have the same or very similar issues, suffering alone is never good, but to know someone else is living it with you it certainly makes u feel a little better and able to cope better. x

I'm proud to be a moaning old trout. LOL.

I'm 3 years in July, not such an old timer. Definetly more problems than the average.

Am currently on 'half time' on a cruise boat with great looking food. It's doing my head in. Tried to eat 2 nights ago, 2 teaspoons of food, almost passed out with the pain. No matter other half is eating for two :)

Not to worry Chrisa.

Posting here or starting a new thread depends on my poor old head, Now I am 60+ I refer to myself as an "elderly person in training". However I will admit to you I still feel 18 just more ditsy. Why? Well at 61 for whatever reason I am slim, not been that before, weighed 12st 7lbs when I married at 20 and the only way then was upwards.

So it may be a real struggle for whatever reason during my WLS adventure/journey but at 9 stones 12 lbs yes I am slim. Plus in my new job as CEO of a health charity I have a splendid assistant who is a young lad aged 23 who told me today I am such good fun he forgets I could be his grandmother!! Don't worry I have apprised him of the fact his days in his good job may well be numbered if he says that again but it made me (and him) laugh.

So although I'm always posting about the need to stay real after WLS just some days I "wake up and smell the coffee" and whatever life may be I give thanks I am no longer 35 stones. I do struggle, I get frustrated, I want more long term feedback but day to day many be a struggle but of course there are splendid days like today when you realise it is all worthwhile.

Well all seems to have gone quiet on here again, I know you started a separate post CCPM I responded on it. How are you doing Emma Louise? Any better today. My tummy showed signs of starting yesterday took the buscopan and sorted it out before it got started. lol xx really pleased else would have spoilt my night out/catch up with old work collegaues. I think a lot of aftercare has big issues I think they just can't cope with the amount of patients that have been and are coming through the doors also like you said above CCPM the evidence is poor and sometimes our doctors fob us off and then the hospital are too busy and we feel we are suffering unnecessarily which some of us are they stopped a group from our local hospital where my surgery took place which was patient led. They took the group away from the leader and have restarted it with a couple of medical professionals but I don't think it is as helpful as the patient led ones were, a combination would have been good but I think they just have a patient speaker come along each session now and that's about it. Before it was like a self help group but well respected and enjoyably run and people would bring clothes and things along to help out others going down through the changes in size. Self help is how we are thriving must of the time and 1 st hand experience can be great and reassuring that others have the same or very similar issues, suffering alone is never good, but to know someone else is living it with you it certainly makes u feel a little better and able to cope better. x

Not so good today Chrisa...
Almost passed out today,I just started to stare at a teacher and she told me to sit down,was so dizzy.
Stomach pains are niggling away as normal...I'm just taking my randitine,lanzaropsole,buscopan,and gavison all daily.
The more I research..I KNOW I'm suffering with intermittent pains of a kink of my insides,the pain can be horrendous.
And then it just dissapears...until the next time when I'm bending,lifting,sitting at a angle.
So my question is now...how can a kink be detected if it comes and goes...surely it would only be spotted when it's actually happening?

Will be two years in July - have been stable since April 14. I do not take anything for granted and realise I am borrowed time probably. I think my team provides an exceptional level of support - they say at 2-3years weight usually goes on, maybe a stone ... It is therefore vital not to feel negative and get demoralised and think 'what's the point' as it is seemingly to be expected. My best friend had his bypass about eight years ago, had no support whatsoever and therefore has returned to old habits, pushed the boundaries and gained a considerable amount of weight. I will try all I can for this not to happen to me - I feel great inside and out, and conclude (today) that I don't want to jeopadise that for the sake of a packet of biscuits or large chocolate bar ... Of course, I am not smug nor stupid, and fully appreciate that this time next year I could have gained some weight and be back up to a size 16 (10/12 now, was 24 heading into 26).

The subject of wind, smelly poo and gurgling comes up frequently at monthly support group. The response from the team is that it is due to too much fat and eating too fast (thereby taking air in). i have therefore tried an experiment and they certainly seem to be right (we really do need to look at those fat %s as much as the sugar). We should not eat significant fat nor shovel food in ... i am not saying anyone here does, but those with issues at my support have taken this onboard. I guess it is literally a case of having your cake and eating it - and farting! xxxx

Not so good today Chrisa...
Almost passed out today,I just started to stare at a teacher and she told me to sit down,was so dizzy.
Stomach pains are niggling away as normal...I'm just taking my randitine,lanzaropsole,buscopan,and gavison all daily.
The more I research..I KNOW I'm suffering with intermittent pains of a kink of my insides,the pain can be horrendous.
And then it just dissapears...until the next time when I'm bending,lifting,sitting at a angle.
So my question is now...how can a kink be detected if it comes and goes...surely it would only be spotted when it's actually happening?

Oh dear things no better then I don't think there will be much they can do unless they catch it in the act. Maybe the best opportunity would be a observation spell in hospital where they can scan or whatever when pain happens so they can see just whats going on. I first started experiencing my pain while bending over and that's another reason I cannot wear anything that is remotely tight around the waist and could never get away with low rise. Anything worn like this would cause me acute pain. I like stretchy stuff. Its comfortable and keeps my pain down to a minimum thankfully. :D Bad enough having pain but when it happens at work its awful I can sympathise with ya. xx I am off to work now back tomorrow afternoon xxx hope you have a pain free day xx
I love getting my pj's on so my body can relax xx

Oh dear things no better then I don't think there will be much they can do unless they catch it in the act. Maybe the best opportunity would be a observation spell in hospital where they can scan or whatever when pain happens so they can see just whats going on. I first started experiencing my pain while bending over and that's another reason I cannot wear anything that is remotely tight around the waist and could never get away with low rise. Anything worn like this would cause me acute pain. I like stretchy stuff. Its comfortable and keeps my pain down to a minimum thankfully. :D Bad enough having pain but when it happens at work its awful I can sympathise with ya. xx I am off to work now back tomorrow afternoon xxx hope you have a pain free day xx I love getting my pj's on so my body can relax xx

Lol...i was panicking today because I couldn't find stretchy trousers!..like you I cannot wear anything tight or it sets it off.
I too love getting in my pjs it's a chance my tummy can just be free! :)

Hi ladies. Things are not changing or improving everywhere. I had my band at the Nuffield Glasgow. Saw my surgeon for a pre op appointment Three weeks later had my ip. The morning after he said he hoped I did well and that was it!!

I ended up seeing him at a fill as the nurse could not get the needle in. But he was in and out no discussion

I had not seen a dietitian as she was on mat leave but have had two appointments with her in the last six months down to my pressing to see a dietitian - I was the replacements first bariatric patient!!! She had out a big book which she referred to a couple of time. I have to say it was not reassuring. Though she was terribly nice and lovely

All my advice has come through this forum and I for one am grateful to you all xx

Yes I now pump too. My husband is horrified. I used to leave the room if I felt it coming in but now it just happens too often ;-)

Hi ladies. Things are not changing or improving everywhere. I had my band at the Nuffield Glasgow. Saw my surgeon for a pre op appointment Three weeks later had my ip. The morning after he said he hoped I did well and that was it!! I ended up seeing him at a fill as the nurse could not get the needle in. But he was in and out no discussion I had not seen a dietitian as she was on mat leave but have had two appointments with her in the last six months down to my pressing to see a dietitian - I was the replacements first bariatric patient!!! She had out a big book which she referred to a couple of time. I have to say it was not reassuring. Though she was terribly nice and lovely All my advice has come through this forum and I for one am grateful to you all xx Yes I now pump too. My husband is horrified. I used to leave the room if I felt it coming in but now it just happens too often ;-)

That doesn't sound good at all....I don't think I'd be happy if my nurse and doc kept glancing at a book for info.
On saying this..it's actually the same at my GPs,they are very nice but have very limited knowledge of baratrics.
I think due to baratric surgery becoming more popular it's about time doctors was giving some training in this field.
My tummy has been really bloated and hurting all day too..no tablets have eased it at all today.

Our practice nurse has been studying bariatrics to write a paper on and also one of the young nurses has been doing something similar. Also study on B12. More than any of the doctors xx

Sorry to hear you had bad tummy all day Emma just wish something would happen so that you don't have to endure ut so often and at all would be fabulous. x

Back