• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just asking ...

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
This may be an odd question & in my case a bit previous but ... I have read much about possible post surgery effects related to malabsorption such as hair loss etc & it got me thinking about other possible problems, when it occurred to me it could affect teeth or more specifically, gums. Is this a scenario anyone else has experienced? Maybe one of you post op'ers may have come across this situ & I would be interested to know if this is something to be aware of ... or not. :) x

Im not saying it couldnt happen and I am fine so far as teeth/gums are concerned but if you eat a balanced diet and take your calcium you should be fine.Thats why they stress eating your protein as about 30% of goodness is not absorbed from your food.So to compensate we need to eat more!Plenty of fish,meat cheese and milk and you will be fine.Maz x

hair loss yes nearly everyone......teeth and gum problems, i'm not aware of anyone.
btw the hair loss does stop xx

Well my daughter is in her final year of uni to become a hygienist, but as in her words "I don't support you" I don't think I can ask her :( grrr @ kids lol

Has she said why she doesn't support you, Caren? Is she just scared for you? Does she know the long tern benefits for short term discomfort, or has she only seen the downside. She may come round nearer the time, hunnie, but in the meantime we will support you like a push up bra xxx :D:D

Lol I know you will twink and I really appreciate it :) she thinks I'm gonna die lol and the way she's carrying on it don't seem like a bad option pmsl

Well we all support you and always will. She will come round when see's you safe and sound. My daughter won't discuss with me because it upsets her but she is still supportive. GOod luck hun xx

Magsy said:
Well we all support you and always will. She will come round when see's you safe and sound. My daughter won't discuss with me because it upsets her but she is still supportive. GOod luck hun xx

Thanks magsy :) x

Hi Denise, I'm almost a year following my bypass. I have had no problems with my gums or teeth. I did have some thinning of the hair which appears to be resolved now. I do notice that my mouth gets very dry if I don't keep my fluids up though.

Good thread - thanks Twinkle! I've got a thing about teeth and I too was wondering. now I know ! :) xxx

ive no problems yet still got all my hair and teeth and all my life ive had to have a haircut at least once a month it grows like bamboo lol and now 3 months post op theres no change

ive no problems yet still got all my hair and teeth and all my life ive had to have a haircut at least once a month it grows like bamboo lol and now 3 months post op theres no change

Keep away from Panda's, Jed ... they would love your 'bamboo' hair :D x

Back