• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just Had My 1st Fill

vanilla-cupcake

Had my 1st fill today, I was bricking it on the way down but it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

Got just over 2ml's put in, already had 1 from the op.

Im starving, just heating my tomato soup up in the microwave, my stomach thinks my throat has been cut.

Back to soft tomorrow for a day or 2

Just wanted to share my news

Well done! 1st one is always the worst (So I hear) - hope it gives you lots of restriction!

gr8 news x

glad to hear it went well, hope it restricts you to your liking :)

When I have my fills they do it while watching on the x-ray screen to make sure they put the needle in the port properly. Is this how they did yours?

Hi Gaynor, no I had my x-ray last Thursday in the Ulster Clinic, they checked to see if everything was where it should be, they then sent the x-ray to THG and I got my fill there yesterday, Paula the nurse feels round for the port and injects it

Maybe its different over here in N.I, we dont have any hospitals over here that do Band Surgery, we have to go to a private hospital to get the x-ray done, they have nothing to do with THG.

Do most people get an x-ray fill?

My first fill was under x-ray also. What it does is show the doctor how much restriction you are getting as he fills the band. At my xray fill they put in 5ml. He could see from watching the barium that the restriction was not enough so put another ml in.

It was really interesting to see as I could see the band and how it slowed the barium down s it passed through the band.

My first fill was under x-ray also. What it does is show the doctor how much restriction you are getting as he fills the band. At my xray fill they put in 5ml. He could see from watching the barium that the restriction was not enough so put another ml in.

It was really interesting to see as I could see the band and how it slowed the barium down s it passed through the band.

That sounds much better Sue but we wouldn't be able to get that done over here, THG building I have to go to to get my fills done doesn't have an x-ray machine and THG have to pay The Ulster Independant Clinic to do our x-rays, the consultant who did my x-ray did tell me after my year is up with THG I can get adjustments etc done with him, they just aren't allowed to do the band ops (something to do with politics he said)!!!

My provider doesn't do the xray fills either. They pay the Spire by me to do it.

However, the x-ray fill cost a lot more as they take quite a few xrays, plus the barium and fill. So it depends on what packaged you pay for and how much.

Glad all went well with your fill. I haven't had one yet and there was no fluid in the band after op. I am looking forward to having a fill as I feel quite hungry at the moment and I'm eating proper food and "normal" sized meals as opposed the the huge portions I ate pre op. The first fill will be under x-ray with barium drink.

Back