• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just had my Band fitted!!!

Hi and welcome. There are a few of us that have just had our bands fitted. I had mine on 30th April. It is all very new to me and I am getting used to liquids only for 3 weeks!! I am having a better day today. THings seems to be calming down and the discomfort is less.

Thanks, silly question but did you suffer from a stich?? post op?
where did you have your band fitted, at Dolan Park?

Thanks Corey, it is really nice that we can all chat and help each other, as I feel I want to ask so many questions....lol

Yes I am doing ok.. I am sore still but have slept well since I came home.

How about you?

hi em and congratulations on getting your band, im a bander, feel free to ask any questions as theres always some one around to help.

liz x

I haven't had a stitch, but the trapped wind has proved to be quite painful. If I hadn't had it before thought I could have mistaken it for a stitch. Drink plenty of mint tea or take gripe water.

I had my band fitted at Spire in Solihull.

Thanks, yes I have been drinking loads of peppermint tea..
I am a little worried about taking my dressings off tomorrow! Sounds silly really, but just hope it all heals ok..

I am very excited though- cant wait to get back into my old clothes

Hi Em congrats on having your band fitting I am waiting for by pass
There are loads of people on here who will help and support you and answer all your questions so dont be afraid to ask anything
Look forward to seeing your progress and glad you are feeling okay

Love Jay xx

Thanks Corey, it is really nice that we can all chat and help each other, as I feel I want to ask so many questions....lol

Yes I am doing ok.. I am sore still but have slept well since I came home.

How about you?

I'm doing really well, too well in fact I kinda don't feel that I am 3 days post op! Still good news I guess.

I read you were taking your plasters off tomorrow? I wasn't told to make mine off - wonder why? I had water proof plasters put on, had a shower and the plaster over my port let a fair bit of water in!!

hiya im also newly banded i had mine fitted in macclesfield on monday 27th april! hope your getting on ok x

well they said I can remove my dressings 3-4 days after the op...
Corey what happened when the port let in some water???

Sorry I read your message wrong..
Yeah I think i will leave it till tomorrow, im not feeling very brave today!!

Hi Em,

HAd my band on 30 April at Dolan park, took 3 of my dressings off yesterday, that was ok but the one where I think my port is above my belly button still looked sore when I peeked to stuck it back on for a day or two.

Back