• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

all booked op on Sat

Dry mouth spray & dry shampoo - best things I took in with me! Dry mouth spray is a god send when you are NBM and waiting to go to theatre, and really refreshing post op! Best tip on here ever for "what to take" from the lovely Rayne x

Yes private mazza did you have yours done at dolan park?

No I didnt, although I live in the midlands I travelled to Preston to get my op a bit cheaper.

As you will only be in over night you wont need much at all, you will be sleepy for quite some time after the op so before you know it you will be homeward bound x

OOnion said:
Dry mouth spray & dry shampoo - best things I took in with me! Dry mouth spray is a god send when you are NBM and waiting to go to theatre, and really refreshing post op! Best tip on here ever for "what to take" from the lovely Rayne x

Hi onion.
I see your surgeon was a Patel. Was it through healthier weight? If so was it all good ?

Wanted to wish you luck

Dolan park free tv and WiFi. I had an awesome experience there and was on my own. Was so well looked after I actually was there this morning for a fill good luck xxx

Hiya, I had my band fitted at Dolan Park on Saturday. Excellent hospital & lovely staff, you really don't have anything to worry about. The t.v & wifi are free. Only thing I would recommend taking is ear plugs! If your room is at the back of the hospital, the cockeral next door likes to cock-a-doodle through the night lol! Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Could you also hear the donkey??? I love donkeys xxx

Hi onion.
I see your surgeon was a Patel. Was it through healthier weight? If so was it all good ?

He put in my band 10 years ago, took it out 4 years ago...I had been waiting on the NHS for the last year for a bypass, and felt I could not wait any longer so paid for it, made the decision on the Monday and contacted him and had my op on the Sunday on the Guthrie unit at Kings, I felt safer in a large hospital, where if anything did go wrong I knew their would be the back up.

He is the most lovely, soft spoken, kindest surgeon I have met - mind you he is the only one I have met as a patient! However have met many in my work life. He is very experienced in the field of WLS and was one of the first NHS teams to offer the Lap band back in 1998. I trust him and can not recommend him enough! Big up Mr Patel :flirt2:

Good Luck and feel free to ask what ever you like xx

OOnion said:
He put in my band 10 years ago, took it out 4 years ago...I had been waiting on the NHS for the last year for a bypass, and felt I could not wait any longer so paid for it, made the decision on the Monday and contacted him and had my op on the Sunday on the Guthrie unit at Kings, I felt safer in a large hospital, where if anything did go wrong I knew their would be the back up.

He is the most lovely, soft spoken, kindest surgeon I have met - mind you he is the only one I have met as a patient! However have met many in my work life. He is very experienced in the field of WLS and was one of the first NHS teams to offer the Lap band back in 1998. I trust him and can not recommend him enough! Big up Mr Patel :flirt2:

Good Luck and feel free to ask what ever you like xx

Thank you for responding. I'm due to have band on sat. Although having watched the horizon program on iplayer I'm still wondering weather or not to have the sleeve. My mind is all over the place I guess it's fear of having to make a much needed change. Did you not get on with the band? Big up mr Patel lol he he

I did get on with it and only had it removed as It needed a revision as the port had flipped when I had my tummy tuck - I thought I had won over my demons and learned all I needed to regarding my weight. I was going to the gym 6 times a week, eating really well and maintaining my weight - OOOpps big mistake once it was gone I realised just how much of a tool it was to help restrict the amount of food I ate - sadly over the next 3 years I put back on all my weigh and more, which lead me to go back and see him and we decided a bypass was probably the way forward.

I think the band is great, but if you are a grazer then they are easy to cheat. However if you tend to eat a few times a day but the volume is the problem then it will aid you as a great tool in becoming fit and healthy.

Good Luck
xx

OOnion said:
I did get on with it and only had it removed as It needed a revision as the port had flipped when I had my tummy tuck - I thought I had won over my demons and learned all I needed to regarding my weight. I was going to the gym 6 times a week, eating really well and maintaining my weight - OOOpps big mistake once it was gone I realised just how much of a tool it was to help restrict the amount of food I ate - sadly over the next 3 years I put back on all my weigh and more, which lead me to go back and see him and we decided a bypass was probably the way forward.

I think the band is great, but if you are a grazer then they are easy to cheat. However if you tend to eat a few times a day but the volume is the problem then it will aid you as a great tool in becoming fit and healthy.

Good Luck
xx

Im not a grazer my thing is I don't eat and then get so hungry and eat rubbish late at night. I guess the band looks like a good bet. I wish you well with your weight loss and your soon to be new body. Appreciate your advice. I guess it last min jitters :)

tizzbo said:
Im not a grazer my thing is I don't eat and then get so hungry and eat rubbish late at night. I guess the band looks like a good bet. I wish you well with your weight loss and your soon to be new body. Appreciate your advice. I guess it last min jitters :)

It won't stop the urge to still want food late on as that's a head issue needing breaking but you go and order that pizza and all I'll say is good luck!! Lol because once restricted you won't manage even half of what you could before, so will def help you.!!! Isn't it exciting...I remember the whirlwind like yesterday and here's me approaching 6months on soon!!! Enjoy the journey xxx

JO28172 said:
It won't stop the urge to still want food late on as that's a head issue needing breaking but you go and order that pizza and all I'll say is good luck!! Lol because once restricted you won't manage even half of what you could before, so will def help you.!!! Isn't it exciting...I remember the whirlwind like yesterday and here's me approaching 6months on soon!!! Enjoy the journey xxx

Thanks for advice. Did you have gb? I can't wait ! Did you manage to walk or cycle a month after op? I'm supposed to be doing a challenge in may 5 weeks after op. I'm just gonna suck it and see how I am. Xx (i will be so pleased if it actually prevents me from eating things like pizza)

Back