• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just had post-op check up

judi2302

Hi everyone,

Just had my 6 weeks post op check up and Mr Javed says he is very pleased with me. I have lost 3stone 2lbs including my pre-op diet.

Even though I have a long way to go I can't tell you how much better I feel. My energy levels have soared. My daughters marriage has recently broken up and she has two baby boys aged 30 months and 18 months. I can help her so much more than I could have 3 stone ago, when all I wanted to do was sit down and carrying either of them left me totally breathless.

I just get so impatient now I want to be in the next set of stones. I'm in between sizes in my clothes the ones I was wearing are too big, especially the trousers but stuff I have in my wardrobe from ages ago is still a bit too small and its not worth buying anything yet is it?

Life is just much more exciting, yes its difficult in the beginning and you wonder why the hell you've put yourself through this, but when you start to come out of the other side its wonderful.

If I was asked would I put myself through the op and recovery again I would say yes without hesitation.

I was a chubby child, a fat teen and a seriously obese adult, for the first time in my life I can look forward to feeling normal and feeling like I can fit in, being overweight always makes me feel like a second class citizen, mainly because I was never comfortable physically (or mentally) anywhere I went. Always checking am I the fattest here, will I be able to sit on those chairs without getting a dead leg. Can I squeeze in to the toilet cubicle without getting stuck, or through the turnstiles at the football matches.

Going to New York in November - good chance I won't need an extension strap on the plane Yahooooo.

Well done on your weight loss , sounds like your in real need of that break to new york lol enjoy id sooooo love to go there , hopeing next year to go x

Hi everyone,

Just had my 6 weeks post op check up and Mr Javed says he is very pleased with me. I have lost 3stone 2lbs including my pre-op diet.

Even though I have a long way to go I can't tell you how much better I feel. My energy levels have soared. My daughters marriage has recently broken up and she has two baby boys aged 30 months and 18 months. I can help her so much more than I could have 3 stone ago, when all I wanted to do was sit down and carrying either of them left me totally breathless.

I just get so impatient now I want to be in the next set of stones. I'm in between sizes in my clothes the ones I was wearing are too big, especially the trousers but stuff I have in my wardrobe from ages ago is still a bit too small and its not worth buying anything yet is it?

Life is just much more exciting, yes its difficult in the beginning and you wonder why the hell you've put yourself through this, but when you start to come out of the other side its wonderful.

If I was asked would I put myself through the op and recovery again I would say yes without hesitation.

I was a chubby child, a fat teen and a seriously obese adult, for the first time in my life I can look forward to feeling normal and feeling like I can fit in, being overweight always makes me feel like a second class citizen, mainly because I was never comfortable physically (or mentally) anywhere I went. Always checking am I the fattest here, will I be able to sit on those chairs without getting a dead leg. Can I squeeze in to the toilet cubicle without getting stuck, or through the turnstiles at the football matches.

Going to New York in November - good chance I won't need an extension strap on the plane Yahooooo.
Brilliant Jude!

Great to hear that you are feeling so much more energetic and just have all of that vitality to share!

I love New York, when we go, or anywhere by plane, I always have to have the extra belt on the seat belt, so that's going to be great for you.

My plan is to manage with my clothes as long as I can before replacing too quickly...

Julie asked us to start an affordable recipe thread earlier... have you anything to offer since your weight loss is really inspiring!

Have a great holiday, a deserved break and hoping the family issues are soon moving forward...

Much love xxx

That is great news!! I'm soo happy people are saying it's worth it. Keeps my determination going x

well done

well done sweetpea on your loss!! you ve done brilliantly..... and i bet the grandkids are enjoying new' engertic,grandma toooo xx

Well done. You're doing amazing. :)

Back