• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just need to moan! Sorry!

Amrac1

Feel a bit low today I'm afraid. No massive problem , just sorry for myself I guess. I have 4 children and they all made cards for Mothers day which was lovely. My kids are young at 4,5,8,9 but I dont feel appreciated. I must be a really ungrateful person as we tried for a long time to have the children before adopting them but I would like just a little bit of recognition. Anyway this low feeling has made me want to raid the fridge - I havnt so far but now I feel 'hard done by'. Anyway please dont be nice or kind to me. I need a kick up the backside! So kick away!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxxxxxx

Aw darling - why would anyone want to kick you when you sound so down!

Listen hun x everyone feels like that at times, not feel wanted or needed.
Or even when you`re doing everything, it seems like its all take take take, very often they forget their p (s) & q(s) especially when life is so busy.

Your children are still very young, I remember mine at that age, unless you tell or nag them, its in one ear and out the other.

You will find as they get older....you will become more special in their lives. Maybe not in their teens - when they want to use you as a taxi-driver to run them around, or clear up their washing and ironing etc;

But once they move out, especially then. They REALLY recognise all that their mum does! That is when they phone you and maybe ask you out for a meal or cook for you. When they don`t even need Mothers Day to buy you flowers. When they check to see if you`re ok....just little things sometimes, but they add up and make you proud of them for caring and sharing in their lives.....so please, don`t beat yourself up Amrac....the best is yet to come!

Take care hun and lots of huggles xxx

Love Kat x

Poor you, but don't beat yourself up about it as it's normal behaviour from them at their ages and you as a hard working Mum (I know, as I have 3 now all in their twenties).

....but I'm afraid it's something you are going to have to wait a bit longer for but it will come. xx

To me, you sound like a NORMAL tired, overworked, undervalued mum. Have a bloomin good moan on here and then go and bake a cake with them or do some colouring in, something that you can share time on and have a smile together.
Your just tired, you aren't ungrateful.
Lynne xx

I can't add anything else to the lovely posts above just to say I agree and wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day:gen126:

I'm with you. My son (9) brought home a handmade card from school, I was emptying his school bag Friday night and found it, thought oooh how lovely, then opened it and it was for someone else! One of his classmates unfortunately lost her mother so the teacher said it could be for someone special, which he took literally and did it for Nic (phatgirl) who we've been staying with while hubby has been working away as I'm recovering from spinal surgery. I was really quite upset.

But I thought to myself, oh well, hublet knows that has upset me, so he'll make sure to do something special to make up for it. Nope. He got a shop bought card for my son to write for me, just dear mum love Alex, none of the nice thank yous nic got! No present, not even a little box of chocolate or anything.

The proctor and gamble advert made me feel more special than my boys did this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

To me Shel it goes to show that you have thought your son to be considerate and thoughtful of others and all he was doing by his gesture was copying you in your own generosity of spirit.

The poor little thing probably never give it a second thought that you would be put out as he probably takes it for granted like most children that you love each other unconditionally.

Happy Mothers Day!

Back