• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just one of the reasons this bypass means so much to me.

Linski

Been to see the consultant who operated on my knee and ankle 5 weeks ago today. He was as always lovely and will see me in 8 weeks and as I am still in pain will assess and look to preform a second operation on my toes. It was 50-50 whether the operation relieved my pain as the injury I recieved may well be something I have to live with and find the best way of managing it. He did a huge anmount to my knee and had difficulty getting in there so need to take it gently and let the swelling go down in its own time.

Proceeded to see the physio and the following conversation took place;

Physio - Your ankle and knee look much better and are much stronger than when I saw you 4 weeks ago. You are doing brilliant. How is it going?

Me - You think so? I am still in alot of pain in fact more than before surgery. I am a little concerned that we coudl have made things worse, but I knew the risks.

What did the consultant say?

Well he said he wants to continue to presume the pain is trauma from surgery as he really did have to do a lot to my knee and he's concerned how swollen and tender it is. regarding my foot the same really, he is looking to operate on my toes if thepain doesn't ease within the next month.

Oh you dont need more surgery, you jus need to do the excercises I give you and the hot and cold dips. It looks fine to me.
( He summises alot seeing as he has spent a total of 5 minutes with me in 2 visists yet charges £55 per hour, I had my op done through works Bupa) Is it fair to say you have not been doing the excercises?

No its not because I have done them actually 5 times insted of 3 a day as I wnat to get the strength back in them. The pain and stiffness is a real problem at the moment.

No you just need to take responsibility for your recovery and do your excercises. Its in your hands now and you definatley dont need further surgery.

I do do my excercises I have told you.

Is it fair comment you have not done them as often as I said? Lets get you doing some balancing on this special board, 20 forward and back and 20 side to side. I will be back in 5 minutes.

Returns - Right you need to do those 20 each 2 times a day along with your others. Its up to you but I think its fair comment you have not done them or the hot cold dipping.

I have said before and I tell you again I HAVE DONE THEM 5 TIMES A DAY INSTEAD OF THE 3 YOU SAID.
How can I do the balancing ones given today?Do you lend me a balancing board?

No just compromise, work, work, work at it. It really is up to you now Linda. You have to put the effort in and be dedicated to the excercises. You know I feel its fair comment to say you haven't been doing them as much as you should although its greatly improved. You don't need a further op your toes will heal if you do your excercises.
I will see you in 4 weeks is there anything else today?

Yes as amatter of fact there is. How dare you speak to me like you have today? I have told you numerous times and I tell you again for the final time I have done my excercises religeously. I have to be honest I do not like your tone at all, you are speaking down to me.

Oh well I didn't mean to offend you. Lets crack on.

Well its "fair comment" to say that you have.

I don't really know what I have done.

You continually repeated I hadn't done
my excercises and feel I am not committed to doing them almost as if I am lazy!

I didn't realise, I am sorry

Apology accepted, you shouldn't go by appearances you know.

I didn't (looks like he wants to crawl up his own backside):copon:

Oh I think you did and by the way I will be sure to tell Mr Hart you are sure I dont need any further surgery.:copon::wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Off home I went feeling demolorised and inferior.:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

He looked and saw an obese 21 stone woman and PRESUMED I do not get up of my fat ass!

Well how dare he? I hold down a full time job condensed into 4 days as a Team Manager in Mortgages for the biggest UK bank. My house is immaculate as I border on having OCD. My daughter and her partner live with us and I shop,cook,wash and iron for all 4 of us. I have a disabled daughter who's 8 year old I almost am bringing up and am totlally dedicate dto. I have a new grand daughter who I have at leasts 4 times a week. How bloody dare he just presume I am lazy? Chance would be a fine thing.

Why does everyone just presume because you are fat you sit stuffing your face, watching TV in true couch potatoe style AND you don't have a brain in your head??

I am so fed up of feeling or should I say made to feel like a second class citizen.

BRING ON MY BYPASS PLEASeeeeeeeeeeee!

Rant over - sorry for rambling.

Love to all Linski

Aww Linski sounds like you had a rough day
But WOW good for you in sticking up for yourself, I like to see people squirm when they are made to see how rude they are

Well done x

Words fail me....... well they don't lol, pompous person.
Well done for not being spoken to in that way.
Lynne x

What a pr*t !! Well done for sticking up for yourself.

Well I think it's fair to say that he needs a hearing test, the stick up his a**e removed and a personality transplant and if that doesn't work then perhaps a period of retraining might make him realise that he sould think twice before taking on the mighty Linski.

On a more serious note, you should consider a formal complaint too! xxx

Last edited:
Thanks for your message Lin and all the very best of everything is wished for you in every way... it's been a long wait but you'll shine through...

Love and hugs always Angel xxx

T**t!!!!!!!! xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
What a B*****D !!!! I'm at the manor tomorrow...lets hope i don't see him x

:)LINSKI YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE STAR:)
sorry - didn't mean to shout!

Well I think it's fair to say that he needs a hearing test, stick up his a**e and a personality transplant and if that doesn't work then perhaps a period of retraining might make him realise that he sould think twice before taking on the mighty Linski.

On a more serious note, you should consider a formal complaint too! xxx

I echo Annie`s and everyone elses sentiments exactly!

Wot an arrogant To***r he is!

Sorry that the likes of someone like that tried to demoralise and humiliate you hun xx

Big (hugs) coming your way Lin xxx

Love Kat x

Back