• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just saying 'hi' im new...

~clio~

just dropping by to say 'hi'
im new to the fourm but not to wls
had my bypass in march 06 so an oldie so to speak... :D

Angie x

hi
things are good thanx.. i have had a relatively easy ride regarding my bypass... and have been at target for about 4 yrs... gosh 4 yrs... seeing that written down ...the times flown by..
the first few yrs was by far the easiest...

as time goes on i suppose one gets a little complacent and things start to slip where they shouldnt.. i did have a bit of a gain but still stayed within my target weight range..tho didnt like the gain!! so resulted in a trip back to a slimming class..that i found a lot easier this time with the help of the bypass...

i have not felt hungry since the day i had my opp but the head hunger certainly doesnt get any easier, its still very much there..then they didnt operate on my head just my gutz!! lol

right talking of that... off to get brekkie... :rolleyes:

do you feel better for your wls Clio?

i do feel better for it as im sure if i had not had RNY i think i may be in a far worse place...
tho have to say i have far more aches n pains now a days... hmmm or is that just old age???? lol.:eek:

i do feel better for it as im sure if i had not had RNY i think i may be in a far worse place...
tho have to say i have far more aches n pains now a days... hmmm or is that just old age???? lol.:eek:

well as long as you are reasonably Healthy That's the main thing I think.
I'm forever trying to lose weight but without the need for wls...to say its difficult is an understatement...the worse time for me is at night when i get the hunger pangs and just want to eat and eat...and then the guilt trips i get even when I eat a choc biccie... :sigh:

lol i suppose you have a lot less padding on those old bones. Great to see someone here who is a few years out of surgery.

lol i suppose you have a lot less padding on those old bones. Great to see someone here who is a few years out of surgery.

a hell of a lot less padding!!! can remember panicking thinking i had developed a 'lump' on my lower back.... when panic over i realised it was indeed my coccyx!!! how very embarrasing that would have been if i had gone to docs... its gets blooming painful when sat down for any length of time..
spose i am classed as an old timer now at 5yrs 2mths out! and 2 plastics proceedures down the line.
x

8ca0676d.gif

Hi clio, welcome to the site. can i ask how much you have lost in total x

hi Angie and welcome...nice to have another member who has been through the surgery and can tell us how things are now....hoping i can keep the weight off after surgery like you have xxx

Hi clio, welcome to the site. can i ask how much you have lost in total x

hi
i have lost 7 and half stone... tho that may not seem a great deal to some to me it was half my body weight.. i carried all my weight around my tum area so not good really.. and had diabetes, which has now gone.. yay.. when i had my TT the surgeon said he cut off as much from me as he did from another patient who had lost 13st :eek:

hi Angie and welcome...nice to have another member who has been through the surgery and can tell us how things are now....hoping i can keep the weight off after surgery like you have xxx

hi
im sure you will keep it off.. its all about working with your bypass and not expecting it to do it all for you... tho i think in the first 6 months you can let it do it all for you!! but after tht its kinda 50/50 i think!! some ppl have mega amounts of malabsorbtion others hardly any... i dont think i have much as i can eat a fair amount of fats and not have any ill effects... unfortunately!

i do dump mildly... which i am pleased about... tho can eat most things in moderation..

whos doing your surgery?

Welcome I for one look forward to hearing what life is like that far post op and learn from your experiences.

i will certainly try and answer any of your questions honestly...
x

Hi, it's great to hear from somebody so far into to process. Long term success is a worry for me and I am sure a lot of others. Keep up the great work, would be good to hear how you have avoided some common pitfalls

BigDave

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi and welcome Angie x

Hi and welcome, been great reading your story on your wls. hope to get to no you better.xx

Back