• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sugga

sugga

Hi all, im new and not finding my way around this site very easily. Got my pre op mid september for gastric bypass in sheffield. Would love to speak to anyone in a similar situation to mine please. Its a very exciting but anxious time x

hi

Thank you so much for your reply. Im not sure im using this site right at the moment. You have done so well. I cannot wait for my op now. Im at the gym 4 days a week under sufferance lol its very hard work. Im struggling not to put any weight on before i go for my pre op on 22 September 10. Keep in touch and thanks againx

Hi Sugga
I had a bypass in Sheffield on 19th july this year, is your surgeon Mr Ackroyd? Anway welcome to the site, the people on here are lovely and helpful, if you have any questions, do a post, everyone will do all they can to help,
sss

Hello and welcome Sugga, may your journey be painfree and good to you! Looking forward to watching your progress and if you have any questions i'll look forward to sharing my limited experience with you xxx

Hi Sugga and welcome to the site.

We're all very friendly. Feel free to ask anything and we'll try to help.

I'm not quite a month post bypass surgery. I had mine done In Sunderland.

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

There are various different sections to the site, so for instance, you might want to post a new thread to ask questions in the WLS area, or the pre-op diet area.

At the top bar is a button marked tutorials, if you have a read of that, it will help you around.

Don't worry about getting things wrong though, and you'll soon get used to us!

I came on here at about the stage you're at now, and because of all I learnt on here from everyone else, I felt really well-informed pre-op. I hope you're able to do the same. I look forward to following your journey.

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome Sugga,

Hoping to get to know you soon

Hugs
Angie

Hi Sugga and sending you every good wish for your weightloss journey... love and hugs, Bev xxx

Hi sugga, welcome to the site.

There are so many lovely people on here and someone is always willing to help or has been through what you are going through just now.

If it helps your nerves any.....I had my bypass on Friday and was home on Saturday. Been out for a walk today and feel fine.

Take care and let us know how you are getting on.

Thank you so much for your reply I am so surprised to receive so many warm welcomes. You are doing so well. I live, breathe, and think of my surgery so much its taking over my life. Im under Dr Patel at the Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield. He told me 4 to 6 months waiting time, but I have my pre op mid sept 10 do you think that sounds right? I know a couple of ladies that had there op exactly 12 week from pre op date and say that it will be the same for me. I hope so. Do you have any thoughts on this. Thanks Sugga

Hi that must be frustrating for you. I first went to the docs for a referral in January this year. I have my pre op mid September then was told there is a 4 to 6 month waiting list which I am now on. Its certainly a long old wait but will be worth it in the end. Fingers crossed for you though. Let me know what happens. Thanks Sugga

Back