• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just seen the dietician

RoseA

Well my long awaited dietician's appointment finally came around today. It's the first time I've even seen one and I'm 8 months post-op today ! :eek: Anyway, she was delighted with my progress - apparently the success measure for a bypass is 60% excess weight lost and I have achieved over 80% already. :D I've never been given a target, I think she said my "ideal" weight is 65kg and I weighed 164lbs this morning, so that means.... err, grab iPhone, convert kg to lbs, lbs to stones... :sign0163: my brain hurts... ....I think I have one and a half stone to lose ? But she did say that I must decide when I feel comfortable, and also that my body will naturally settle at some point which may or may not be the "ideal".

She went through my eating habits and said I'm making good food choices and is very pleased with how I've adjusted. I confessed that I have not been taking in nearly enough fluids and accepted her admonishment for that. :nono: I'm terrified of trying any bread but she advises me to try now as I am certainly becoming more tolerant. I find weekday lunches really difficult when the only shops around the office sell mostly sandwiches, and working lunches in the office are always sandwiches too. :cry: I just want to be able to eat half a sandwich, or have toast and Marmite for breakfast (ooh, BTW, I just bought a new jar of "extra mature" Marmite in Sainsbury's this afternoon - apparently the flavour's really intense !!)

Anyway, she left me with some dietary advice (still think I should have had this a looong time ago !!) and wants to see me again in 3 months.

Last edited:
LOL! Better late than never eh? And it's now official - you have done brilliantly!
I'm so pleased for you....but isn't another appointment in 3 months time a slight case of 'shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted?' !!!!!!! :D
Anyhow, well done again!
Grace xxx

LOL! Better late than never eh? And it's now official - you have done brilliantly!
I'm so pleased for you....but isn't another appointment in 3 months time a slight case of 'shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted?' !!!!!!! :D
Anyhow, well done again!
Grace xxx

:thankyou: Grace !

I do think it bizarre that I've had to wait so long before seeing a dietician ! I could have benefitted from it much sooner. April's not that far away though, I have my next checkup with the bariatric nurse on 14 Feb and I go to a support group every month now too. Besides, the best source of advice is undoubtedly everyone on this forum ! :flowers:

Aww Rose, I knew you were doing really well and only a stone and a half from goal... less than a year from your surgery! It's incredible...
I'm thinking of you and have the best holiday ever with this news! Well done Angel.
Love you xxx

Well done Rose you are officially a good girl now. xxxxx

Well done Rose you are officially a good girl now. xxxxx

You too mary... I see you've lost 82% of your excess weight ! Way to go !

I think its bl**dy disgusting that its taken 8 months for a dieticians appointment :eek: Its a good job your as good as you are Rose! You have done amazingly well, especially as you havnt had dietician support :D Well done hun XX

I think its bl**dy disgusting that its taken 8 months for a dieticians appointment :eek: Its a good job your as good as you are Rose! You have done amazingly well, especially as you havnt had dietician support :D Well done hun XX

It's not actually taken 8 months to get an appointment... it's the first time I've been referred to see one !! It wasn't even mentioned until my checkup in September. The appointment then came through for December but I had to miss it due to the weather. It was rebooked for February but I phoned and asked for an earlier one. It seems my surgeon doesn't think it's important to see a dietician in the early stages...?

Oh thats not so bad then lol.....I might get off my high horse ;) It is very silly to give someone a gastric bypass though and not expect them to need to see a dietician :D XX

Oh thats not so bad then lol.....I might get off my high horse ;) It is very silly to give someone a gastric bypass though and not expect them to need to see a dietician :D XX

:giggle: That's OK Jacqui ! And I entirely agree... :rolleyes:

Very well done - what great news ;)

Well done Rose, didn't realise you had see through floors at work eeek!

DaisyMaesy said:
Well done Rose, didn't realise you had see through floors at work eeek!

LOL... At the Arch today ? Or No 22 ? Sorry I wasn't around to see you but I'm sure we'll catch up next month.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back