• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

did the bypass fail of the host!!!

I'm also pre op and i must admit the thought of this op not being successful is something i never think about. I am definitely guilty of thinking it's a walk in the park and that 100% effort may not be needed. How wrong am i.....a reminder to myself that i need to put my heart and soul into making the op work for me...thanks x

Sarah if you think its a walk in the park hun you must of been on some bloody awful walks!!! it really is a whole new approach and way of thinking and relationship with food. i think the more you can read on here the better as its the real life experiences that have got me where i am..

I agree hopelesscase. This place is invaluable in terms of reading about other people's experiences. Truly a must for anyone pre-op. I have found the diaries MOST helpful and everyone's been so supportive. I have been lucky so far but I had/have a very good picture of everything that can go wrong during and post op, and what life post op is made of, which is important.

Sarah if you think its a walk in the park hun you must of been on some bloody awful walks!!! it really is a whole new approach and way of thinking and relationship with food. i think the more you can read on here the better as its the real life experiences that have got me where i am..
You're right hopelesscase, i'm glad to say that i'm alot more clued up to the reality of wls thanks to yourself and other peoples stories. This site has helped soooo much x

A scary tail, especially as for a lot of us a size 20 is not as enormous to us as it would be to someone who has spent a lifetime as a 12/14... Interesting how she is complacent now as her husband is happy with how she is. Without being controversial i think she's happy too, unfortunately if she is happy there and probably not weighing herself it's likely, i should imagine, that it can only go up....

Thanks for sharing Carole x

This just proves that WLS isn't a cure and only a tool
and maybe on a NHS side of things a lession for doctors and GP's that councelling to get to the bottem of the weight weight issue is maybe needed in some cases.

Like my own i am waiting to hear whats to happen for me.

I have the hiccup feature too !!! I only ever get two hiccups but I regard them as the 'amber and red' traffic light and then the 'red' i.e. STOP. The one or two times I have continued past hiccup stage I have got the 'rabids'. Not nice! Lesson learnt.

I have the hiccup feature too !!! I only ever get two hiccups but I regard them as the 'amber and red' traffic light and then the 'red' i.e. STOP. The one or two times I have continued past hiccup stage I have got the 'rabids'. Not nice! Lesson learnt.

way you go a fellow hiccuper.. i was beginning to think that i was the odd one out.. like you 2 hiccups but very sudden and cant be hidden. but yes amber and red most definatly..

I wish I had the hiccup feature, sometimes I really struggle with restriction....some days I would know Ive had enough and other days I could carry on but I get scared and stop as Im worried I will eat too much! XX

My sign for needing to stop eating is that I burp a little, if I eat past this i also get the vile rapids

Wonder what my sign will be....i can only imagine the weird and wonderful things it may be.....a fart maybe, knowing my luck lol x

I already get called 'Mrs Crow' with my loud screeching hiccups, so I hope it is that feature, and not Sarah's bottom one.

I gather rapids are not nice, and after eating too much. But this is the first time I have heard this term. I misread it at first, and of course got the image of a dog foaming at the mouth..!

trisha, you were right first time, it is rabids, as in rabid dog, cos when you feel sick, all that comes up is horrible white foam, and its not nice at all, its only happened to me a few times, through not stopping, now i know when to stop. but i think i got a tummy bug a couple of weeks ago, and it was the same then, it was very distressing, cos obviously with a bug, you just have to be sick dont u, luckily it was only a 24 hour thing, and i was ok after that. this is tmi, but, pouches dont have any 'retching' power, so it makes it hard.
i just seem to know when i ve eaten enough, and dont push it now. hugs xxxx fellow under 5er

Lol...it is a very descriptive term isnt it :eek: I usually get it when I dont chew meat enough or eat a little too fast or too much.....it really is an unpleasant experience, I still wouldnt change a thing though :D XX

what an eyeopener! as pre-opper something I've not thought too much about is the bypass 'not working' or rather me not working with the bypass! I'm focusing on slowly changing my attitude to food before the op and recognising the trigger points (I'm down for psych conselling, but unsure if that will happen before the op as he's very very busy!). So, guess I'ts down to me to make a start.

I hope that I get some sort of 'cut off'/fork down signal from my pouch, hopefully it will help me think about what I eat, the amount and when. Carbs are likely to be my downfall (particularly slider carbs like crisps) so this thread will put the need to be vigilant in future in my head. But I hope that my surgeon makes pouchy so small that I can't handle too many carbs. "Memo to Dr - make it teenyweeney please or install LED warning-light"

I dont think theres an actual amount we should eat, well Ive never been told one anyway. My dietician just says eat protein first then vegetables and lastly carbs so if you start getting full the carbs are the thing you leave. It works too, I always used to put maybe 2 small new potatoes on my plate, never ate them, I started just putting one on, never ate it lol so now I dont bother I just have meat and veg :D XX

Hi, I can relate to this story, my aunty had a bypass done privately (not sure if that's worse) nearly 3 years ago and she lost 6 stone and she has put 2 back on, she needed to lose about 8 stone so she has really own lost half of what she wanted to. But she never got any help or support, which I think is disgusting.

I think she eats too many carbs too, I'm always telling info that I find out on here but anymore weight that she will lose now is purely down to dieting and will power.

Because it was private they sold it to her as a magic gift that she would lose all her weight and keep it off but she has had a big shock.

I'm hoping that when I have my operation it will kick start a competitive streak in her to lose weight.

Karen x

what an eyeopener! as pre-opper something I've not thought too much about is the bypass 'not working' or rather me not working with the bypass! I'm focusing on slowly changing my attitude to food before the op and recognising the trigger points (I'm down for psych conselling, but unsure if that will happen before the op as he's very very busy!). So, guess I'ts down to me to make a start.

I hope that I get some sort of 'cut off'/fork down signal from my pouch, hopefully it will help me think about what I eat, the amount and when. Carbs are likely to be my downfall (particularly slider carbs like crisps) so this thread will put the need to be vigilant in future in my head. But I hope that my surgeon makes pouchy so small that I can't handle too many carbs. "Memo to Dr - make it teenyweeney please or install LED warning-light"

I look at any food i eat from the point of view that if it doesnt have good nutritional value it isnt going in. im 26 months post op now and have never touched a crisp and its not that i dont like them but im scared that if i had one now id want more and am not prepared to go down that slippery rd. I can honestly say that i miss nothing and Thoroughly enjoy all my food . thease days it definatly about quality not quantity

Back