• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When did you see the dietician ?

RoseA

I had my bypass on 20 May this year. So far I haven't seen a dietitian but at my second checkup on 13 September the nurse said I would now get an appointment to see one. The appointment has come through and it's 5 December... by which time I will be more than 6 months post-op. Seems a bit late in the day to me ! The only dietary advice I've had has been the leaflet put together by the surgeon & bariatric nurse. Frankly, without this forum I'd have been struggling...

Hi Rose, John (Grenville) went last week to Charing Cross... xxx

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Rose, John (Grenville) went last week to Charing Cross... xxx

Love and hugs xxx

What... for the first time ? Blimey... :eek:

Some hospitals are a little slow with appointments, I didnt have my six WEEK check up until six MONTHS and I didnt see the dietician until nine months, so my care that way has been a bit pants.
Steph xx

i saw mine 6 weeks after my op and then every 3 months

It never ceases to amaze me how different the regimes are in different parts of the country...

Hi Rose, I don't know if it were the first time for John, but he may have it in his diary... good luck Rose ... love and hugs xxx

Saw mine at two weeks post op which was very helpful. See consultant again at 6 weeks and then have further three monthly appointments with dietician. Gave me a good chart of what I should be eating and how much! Useful guide to levels of protein in different foods etc. Cant believe you wont see anyone till 6 months post op that is not very good!!

Wow
I am really shocked by this..
I realise the volume of people they have to see would mean waiting times...but that's a long time without any guidance.
You would think that they would delegate that out to dietitians at the main (local )hospitals...
After all they know nutrition ,it cant be that hard for them to adjust it for the bander's/by-passers.
I will be making a mental not of this...(and questioning my local dietitians about there knowledge on the subject)

i was having some probs a month out so the dietician was supposed to call me back that day but never did - instead i got a call from TWO different dieticians two days later, lol.
i then had my six week and the lady referred me on to the dietician who never got back to me. finally got a dietician appointment 6 weeks ago and wants to see me again at christmas.

seems we all have different experiences so sorting the wheat from the chaff and taking the resulting middle ground on these forums should keep you going til december

Back