• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just starting

squirl

Hi everyone

I'm just starting my tier 4 journey, made my decision today about which provider to go with (NHS). Am going with St George's, Tooting. The referral from my tier 3 provider should be sent on Friday.....

I'm very excited and just as nervous, think I'll be waiting for the postman every day until something arrives (and driving the family mad).

I'm hoping for a bypass so if anyone has any good reports on St George's I'd be very pleased to read them......

Hope this hasn't been too long and rambling, didn't really know what to put....

Congratulations on starting your journey squirl. I have only recently joined myself and have found the support from the lovely people on hear invaluable.

Thank you so much Sarah, good luck on your journey too

many thanks tjstark for your welcome and good wishes, patience isn't one of my best attributes so I guess I'll have to learn some.....

Hi everyone I'm just starting my tier 4 journey, made my decision today about which provider to go with (NHS). Am going with St George's, Tooting. The referral from my tier 3 provider should be sent on Friday..... I'm very excited and just as nervous, think I'll be waiting for the postman every day until something arrives (and driving the family mad). I'm hoping for a bypass so if anyone has any good reports on St George's I'd be very pleased to read them...... Hope this hasn't been too long and rambling, didn't really know what to put....

Welcome to the site and good luck with the rest of your journey. Few mad people here ;) but they are harmless lol.

I am 5 weeks post bypass today. I self funded so cant help with NHS shenanigans but anything else ask away :)

Take care

Hi weegie, thanks for the welcome. I should fit in just fine with mad people :) It looks like you're doing really well. I've got loads of information from St George's but I'm sure I'll have lots more questions as the weeks and months go by

Hello Squirl
welcome to our great site I wish you well in all that you wish for

Congratulations! Good luck with ur journey. This site is amazing full of really supportive and helpful people xx

Hi and welcome Squirl, I have been on here since Sept and will be having my surgery for By-pass on Tuesday.

I found it very helpful being on here with people in the same position waiting for letters, phone calls, etc

Plus there are a few of us that are all due our surgery around the same time and we can support each other along the way!

We also have the support of the lovely people that have had their surgery and come on here to support the newbies on their weightloss journey Fabulous site lots of info and friendly people

Welcome Squirl and what an exciting time for you! :) I've just joined too! I'm getting a band fitted on Sunday! X

I can't believe just how lovely everyone is on here. It helps so much knowing I'm not the only impatient one and reading all the success stories is making me so positive.

I'm sure I've made the right decision for me and since I made the decision to have wls it's been so much easier to stick to healthier eating, not currently losing any weight but have totally eliminated any reliance on chocolate (even when tempted by an offer of some from my son) and I'm just mega-determined to make my life and choices work for me.

Sorry, I'm rambling again, must try to curb this or you'll all be fed up with me very quickly :p

Thanks again for all the positives you're all giving me :D

I'm having a bad day, the food stuff is fine but my husband's treating me like I'm a complete idiot. Every move I make he's critical of.......

I was thinking of trying to go part time at work but today I think I'd rather be working all the hours possible just to keep ou't of his way!

You have no idea how much it helps just to put this down on 'virtual paper'.

I'll stop ranting now, still determined not to eat the chocolate just because he's wound me up so I guess I'm doing ok :)

I'm having a bad day, the food stuff is fine but my husband's treating me like I'm a complete idiot. Every move I make he's critical of....... I was thinking of trying to go part time at work but today I think I'd rather be working all the hours possible just to keep ou't of his way! You have no idea how much it helps just to put this down on 'virtual paper'. I'll stop ranting now, still determined not to eat the chocolate just because he's wound me up so I guess I'm doing ok :)

Hi Squirl
That's a great achievement being able to resist the chocolate even though you feel stressed? :)

Thanks Bella's Mum, that really helps, I'm now thinking that if my mum's willing to lend me some money I might just go private (had a bit of an email run-in with my provider). Especially as my eldest son's planning to get married about the time I'd be having the surgery on the NHS - he announced it just after I'd made my choice!

I've made the decision, I'm going to Belgium if they'll have me! Mum said yes, hubby's applying for his passport and I've got an appointment with Bart in London on 20th August. I don't think I've ever felt this positive and excited, these 3 weeks can't go quick enough. And I'm losing weight, over half a stone so far

If all goes according to plan I'll have shifted quite a lot of weight by the time of the wedding. Still not sure if/how to tell my daughter yet but I'm sure I'll do it at some point ;)

Hi squirl, I hope you are able to organise that for yourself. I am self funding and to the Czech Republic because weight loss surgery is not available in the Irish public system and even in the private system the cost would be beyond my means, but I consider myself lucky because folk in the UK really have to jump through hoops to get access to wls, I personally think it's a little unfair. Anyway, sorry for ramble, hope you can go private, fingers crossed!

Would you look at that, managed to embarrass myself by quick replying before getting to end of thread , :d'oh congratulations on getting that organised. You won't feel these 3 weeks going by, good luck

Hubby's passport application is done, still trying to be soooo good but can't wait for 20th......

Can't quite work out how hubby thinks he's helping me by munching (loudly) on anything he wants right next to me! Might just have to take myself off somewhere else.

Having a bit of a dizzy day today, not enough sugar and the diabetes drugs are pushing my blood sugar too low :( not too sure what to eat cos I don't want to have anything to set my sweet tooth off again, it's well in check right now

good luck!! i'm told patience is a virtue unfortunately its not a virtue I have lol, I finished tier 3 last Thursday my referral for surgery was being written on Friday and I'm stalking the postman already hahahahahaha xxx

Back