• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St. Richards hospital? Choosing hospitals..

TJG22

Yeh I completely get that. I am too wondering how many people I actually want to know about my situation. But then I think if I suddenly lose 10 stone they might ask how and I don’t want to lie. It’s difficult isn’t it. Initially when I went to the doctors years ago they just didn’t want to refer me. They sent me to weight watchers and did everything they could to not refer me. Then a few years later they introduced the tier 3 which they put me on which I was on for 2 years before being referred as I got pregnant so had to just keep going to appointments! What’s your name on fb il add you so we can chat x

Yeah of course its a difficult one isn't it lol. Tbh i'm not a very sociable person anyway Im not a normal 22 year old girl in that respect lol, i dont party, dont go out on the weekends, dont drink etc. I dont associate with many people lol. Oh gosh where abouts are you from if you dont mind me asking? They sound very strict on it. I only did 6 months of tier 3 and that felt like a lifetime lol. Aw thats lovely though, thats another thing im worried about. Is it safe to have kids etc after do you know? because im desperate to have children but just not quite yet and I want to have a healthy body etc before I do. It's Taylor Gillman xx

Sarnie

Yeah of course its a difficult one isn't it lol. Tbh i'm not a very sociable person anyway Im not a normal 22 year old girl in that respect lol, i dont party, dont go out on the weekends, dont drink etc. I dont associate with many people lol. Oh gosh where abouts are you from if you dont mind me asking? They sound very strict on it. I only did 6 months of tier 3 and that felt like a lifetime lol. Aw thats lovely though, thats another thing im worried about. Is it safe to have kids etc after do you know? because im desperate to have children but just not quite yet and I want to have a healthy body etc before I do. It's Taylor Gillman xx
I think you have to wait for 2 years after before getting pregnant, but you should discuss that with the hospital to find out for sure x

TJG22

I think you have to wait for 2 years after before getting pregnant, but you should discuss that with the hospital to find out for sure x

I did hear that before, thankyou, thats not an issue really just my mum is so concerned about me having the surgery as it is and she also keeps asking me if I'll be able to have children after lol which I've told her if anything I'll have more of a chance as weight loss increases fertility. She's such a worrier lol xx

Sarnie

I did hear that before, thankyou, thats not an issue really just my mum is so concerned about me having the surgery as it is and she also keeps asking me if I'll be able to have children after lol which I've told her if anything I'll have more of a chance as weight loss increases fertility. She's such a worrier lol xx
Oh bless her really, you're her baby after all, she's bound to worry about you having surgery, but you have to do what right for you and yes at the end of the day it will give you and your children a better life xx

Emma1504

Oh god 10 years?! Bless you I've been doing it for nearly 3 now, initially I was referred straight to chichester, I had an app for MDT but unfortunately my best friend whom I was very very close to died very suddenly just before and my mindset was completely elsewhere and I missed the appointment and by the time I tried to rebook they told me the Tier 3 programme was now compulsary in my area so I had to do atleast 6 months of that first.. and now here I am. I rang and told them st richards and they said the referral can take up to 6 weeks. Just hoping I hear something soon! I am too a member of this group yet i dont post or comment because im very shy lol and there are a few people i know from my area on it and as silly as it sounds im not ready for anybody other than close family and friends to know about any of it. Does that make sense? xx

It makes complete sense. Its not common knowledge that I am on this pathway. It’s such a personal thing.

TJG22

Hey guys, I know I haven't written on here much since but I just wanted to let you know I have my MDT at chichester on the 1st of march, im scared stiff! dont know what to expect but im also excited.. how is everyone? xx

Parsnip

Hey guys, I know I haven't written on here much since but I just wanted to let you know I have my MDT at chichester on the 1st of march, im scared stiff! dont know what to expect but im also excited.. how is everyone? xx
What will your MDT entail? (all hospitals work differently and MDT meetings can happen multiple times for some whereas mine only met the once to decide I would move to tier 4 and I wasn't even involved in the meeting where other are require to attend)
My next appointment is March 13th at Dudley for catch up with my team then on the 18th I have my 1st education session, the 2nd is on April 1st (both of these are at Telford) then on April 2nd I meet my surgeon and should get my date.

TJG22

I'm not 100% sure but the letter says i will be having an all day appointment meeting a dietician, surgeon, anesthesiologist etc and everyone else that has it at chichester say the same and they tell you at the end of that appointment wether youll have surgery or not so it will be a big day! Oh really? strange how things work differently isnt it! how long have you been doing the process? did you do why weight? xx

Sarnie

I'm not 100% sure but the letter says i will be having an all day appointment meeting a dietician, surgeon, anesthesiologist etc and everyone else that has it at chichester say the same and they tell you at the end of that appointment wether youll have surgery or not so it will be a big day! Oh really? strange how things work differently isnt it! how long have you been doing the process? did you do why weight? xx
That sounds very similar to the MDT appointment I had last Friday at Luton & Dunstable hospital and I got a letter with a date to see the surgeon yesterday x

Parsnip

The process is ridiculously different, it's crazy.
I was referred my my GP in November 2016 (after many years of debating whether I needed to take such drastic measures). I recievermy first appointment for April 2017 but had a surprise pregnancy so at that appointment we arranged to pause my journey for a year. I started back on in April 2018 but haven't gone through at the same rate as they might have normally would as I'm breastfeeding and wanted to feed a good chunk of time. I guess my surgery will be May/June time but it really depends on the surgeons list x

Lucy S

MDT is this your first appointment? Sorry I don’t know what this means?
I’ve got my first appointment next month after being referred in July 2018.
Lucy x

Lucy S

Hey, I have my first appointment at St Richards next month.
After being referred in July 2018.
When is your first appointment? Soon I hope for you.
Lucy

Parsnip

Lucy x
MDT stands for Multidisciplinary Team, how they meet varies from hospital to hospital.

MariaMaria83

For my MDT I didn’t even need to be there, they had a meeting and made a decision between them! Luckily enough I passed!
I don’t think I’ll ever fathom out as to how the process can be SOOOO different? It’s incredible how much it differs, x

MariaMaria83

What will your MDT entail? (all hospitals work differently and MDT meetings can happen multiple times for some whereas mine only met the once to decide I would move to tier 4 and I wasn't even involved in the meeting where other are require to attend)
My next appointment is March 13th at Dudley for catch up with my team then on the 18th I have my 1st education session, the 2nd is on April 1st (both of these are at Telford) then on April 2nd I meet my surgeon and should get my date.
I thought you had an appointment on 15th March? Or maybe that was somebody else? x

TJG22

Lucy x

Hello Lucy, no it’s not my first appointment on this journey. I’ve been doing tier 3 which is part of the process to be accepted for weight loss surgery for ages now. This will be my first appointment at the hospital where I will meet the surgeon, dietician etc where they will tell me wether I’m accepted for surgery or not.. from then I will have the surgery in around 6 months after (so I’ve heard from others) but I’ve been doing this process for over 2 years now so I’m so ready to get it moving. Are you starting tier 3 appointments? With dietician, counsellor etc? Xxxxx

Parsnip

Sarnie

Sarnie

Parsnip