• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just want a rant..and a cry.... and a hug :-(

Oh Dear thats terrible you do need to take that higher and get things clarified. No NEED to be treat like that xx

Thankyou very much to everyone for all your support and help.
I have calmed down now,spent the rest of the afternoon with my friend who helped me take my mind off work..Painting her decking!!! lol

I only work four hours a day so dont have breaks... butdo go the toilet once after about 2 and half hours of working... but i have timed myself and the longest ive been is 2 mins and 40 seconds.... hardly a 15 minute break.
As per having my drink... i have seen in tesco aswell that they are allowed a drink at there tills... i work for a shop called Home Bargains... sells cheapy home stuff, foods, drinks and toiletries etc. We are not allowed drinks anywhere other than our staff kitchen. But before and after my op i had a meeting with my boss and explained i would need to have my drink with me. She on both occasions.. .before and after op said this was ok and that she would need to confirm it with head office... she then came back and said that she had done this and it was ok.... so since the 11th jan when i went back to work i have had my drink.... its only today she has had a go about it.

My doctor called me and has said that legally she cannot stop us going to the toilet and that she cannot stop me having my drink with me.. she writing me a letter and has said i can pick it up on Thursday as she needs the head doctor to check it over and sign in.. but she said my work does not have a leg to stand on. she also said that if i go into work tmro and the boss tells me i cant have my drink... then she said..just to say then sorry you will need to find somebody else to do my shift... then leave and go straight to doctors and they will sort the letter out sooner... the doctor has said that my health is more important and that if they try to sack me due to this then i will have a good case for a tribunual.
We dont have a union but i have been told i can join other unions for a small monthly fee... so i am going to look into this.
I hope i have answered all your questions..
thankyou again all you lovey peeps.... this girl is not going down without a fight xxx

Good for you, girl power reigns. Yes get yourself in a union you never know when you might need one times like this they are brilliant nd they know their stuff one mention of the union or speaking to head office and most will back down.You go girl, keep us informed tomorrow xx

Glad you have your GP on side hun , stick to your guns or she wins xx

Rayne, If you have a medical condition which means you have to take a toilet break at other times your employer would not be able to deny you a break. Get your doctor to state this along with having to drink your water.
Just spoke to my best mate who is senior personnel officer for our local council and she has several people working there who have doctors letters saying the very same thing, and by law they have to adhere to what these doctors recommend.
Give her the letter and go to the toilet when you bloody want, she can do nothing!!!
What a nasty biatch she is.

Kim

Tell her you wont go to the toilet, but she needs to provide you with a bucket, so you can carry on working, I think she will soon change her mind.

Tell her you want it all in writing, so if you need to, you can go to a tribunal.

Don't pay to join any union. Acas is there for all workers for free. Number is

ooh i forgot about acas.... i will call them tmro.. thanks xx

Rayne Hun - just read this and I am horrified at how you've been treated hun (((Hugs)))
Can I just add - as been in a simular posistion myself 3 years ago - (took vol redundancy as didnt have strength either mentaly or physically to deal with it then :sigh:) but get a photocopy of Doctors note and send a cover letter with the copy to the HR department at their Head Office explaining what has happened and tell the stupid cow you have done so!!
That will put her in her place - keep a record of all that is said and any unpleasantness - sounds silly but will stand you in good stead should you need (hopefully not) to go to tribunal.
Keep Calm, smile and try not to let her upset you - no matter what she does or says!
hoping you get this sorted hunni xx
Take Care , Louise xx

Rayne Hun - just read this and I am horrified at how you've been treated hun (((Hugs)))
Can I just add - as been in a simular posistion myself 3 years ago - (took vol redundancy as didnt have strength either mentaly or physically to deal with it then :sigh:) but get a photocopy of Doctors note and send a cover letter with the copy to the HR department at their Head Office explaining what has happened and tell the stupid cow you have done so!!
That will put her in her place - keep a record of all that is said and any unpleasantness - sounds silly but will stand you in good stead should you need (hopefully not) to go to tribunal.
Keep Calm, smile and try not to let her upset you - no matter what she does or says!
hoping you get this sorted hunni xx
Take Care , Louise xx

Thanks Louise... i have spoken to my colleage who is also being picked on... we both started the same time 3 years ago... and she has said as from tmro we are both gonna do a diary. I will also do what you say about the letter... i will get it photocopied... send it to Hr and head office... and give the original to my boss and also keep a couple of copies fo myself.
I know for sure i am not gonna walk out... im gonna toughen up and fight this... im not gonna give them the satisfaction of seeing me quit... and if they sack me its got to be for a flpin good reason.. and then i will be armed with my diary... im on a mission lol xx

Good for you hun xx
wish i was going through all that c**p now - that happened to me 3 yrs ago as am totally different person , was at an all time low back then and they knew it :eek:
Mind clouds do have silver linings as they gone into administration now - couldn't happen to a nicer family :D

Did that sound horrible and bitter?? Good!! :D

you fight them all the way hun - jobs are to precious and hard to come by lately!!

I can't agree more with the comments already posted - Send HR/Head office a copy of the Drs note (cc in the nasty btch too so she knows about it) and ask for written confirmation that they've received the letter and that they accept your Drs advice. I'd also ask them to clarify whether or not you need to clock out/in when you go to the loo - and also confirm if this is applicable to other members of staff (if not its clear discrimination). Ask for a copy of the company's bullying and harrassment procedure and their equality and diversity at work policy - if they have them! Don't know if gastric surgery comes under the Disability Discrimination Act but its absolutely disgusting in this day and age that we are stopped from having a pee or poo when we NEED to go. I would think if this is all in place and she still tells you you cant go for a pee then you will have a good case against the company if they do sack you or penalise you in any way. Have you got diabetes? If so, then they can't stop you from going as frequent urination is one of the symptoms of the condition and diabetes IS covered under DDA.

They haven't got a leg to stand on. I work some shifts for tesco, and there would be hell to pay if they treated an employee the way you have been treated!! I don't know if you are in the union, but if you are it really would be worth getting your union rep involved. But you hang in there! This is so wrong!! xxxxxx

Hi everyboy, thankyou again for all your help.
I have spoken to ACAS as suggested and they have been very helpful. They have given me a contact number to see if biatric surgery is covered under the Disability Discription Act... but they think it does when it comes to us having to have fluids during the day. Acas said i also have a good case re bullying etc if it comes to a tribunual. hopefully it wont get that far.
i recieved the letter from my doctor today... it says the following...

This is to confirm Lorraine had bariatric surgery in November last year, shortly afterwards she was admitted to hospital with symptoms of dehydration.
She was discharged with the advice that she should drink fluids on a regular basis at least 2l a day.
Lorraine was advised to drink on a regular basis and that means would have to carry fluids with her at all times.
If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

im happy with this letter... so as suggested.. a copy is going to the manager, hr and had office and a few copies for me.

I will keep you updated... im on a mission lol.

ooh and on a further note.... behind the door with the combination lock which we are not allowed to have is...... a fire exit!!! ooh good case for a health and safety risk dont you think xx

Wait. .JUST a fire exit... *facepalm*

haha Kitty... no there is a fire exit and the stairs to get to our lockers, staff room, office and toilets... but still there is a fire exit... so if there is a fire.. we should have the combination to the door in front to get to it lol

Ok I can understand it having a combonation now.... but yes.. you should have it.. because 1. your lockers 2. toilets 3. gorram fire escape!

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to block them.. in any way shape or form

Back