• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just want a rant..and a cry.... and a hug :-(

yep it sure is xxx

oooo a matter for the HSE..... particularly if its the only fire exit apart from main doors.

Is it the same manager's decision to not give you the combo? Do Head Office know about this?

oooo a matter for the HSE..... particularly if its the only fire exit apart from main doors.

Is it the same manager's decision to not give you the combo? Do Head Office know about this?

No it isnt the only fire exit.. but my point to them is... if there is a fire and that was the only way out... then we should have the combination. It is the same manager... but speaking to a few people today as i popped in to do some shopping... they all feel the same as me but are all too scared to talk to the manager. we have all on a one to one spoken to the assistant manager... but he keeps telling us to take it up with her (the manager).. even he is scared to talk to her...miss unaproachable!! Head office dont know yet... but im gonna give it a week... then start on a plan of action lol... i will run it through everyone here first as i have found... you all know what you are talking about xx

Talk about passing the buck. What a **** house the deputy is, if he is afraid to challenge her then what hope do the rest of you have. Good luck with this one x

yes, v important to have the code - particularly if all other exits are inaccessible because of fire and its the only route out... (I'm a Fire Warden for my organisation). Fire doors should not be blocked or egress from them hindered under any circumstances. It could potentially be fatal.

This not sharing info and keeping others in the dark is a way people manipulate and exert power (as is being 'unapproachable' but then again she could just be a miserable mare) Plus its a dead giveaway that they are poor managers or don't have the proper skills to manage if they have to resort to tactics like this.

Well done with all this Rayne. You are not laying down and taking the c***. Stay calm in all your dealings and just stand up for yourself.

XxxxX

im being strong.... well trying lol... im not gonna giv i an im not gonna quit... sometimes in life we have to toughen up... and i guess this is my time to do just that xx

No it isnt the only fire exit.. but my point to them is... if there is a fire and that was the only way out... then we should have the combination. It is the same manager... but speaking to a few people today as i popped in to do some shopping... they all feel the same as me but are all too scared to talk to the manager. we have all on a one to one spoken to the assistant manager... but he keeps telling us to take it up with her (the manager).. even he is scared to talk to her...miss unaproachable!! Head office dont know yet... but im gonna give it a week... then start on a plan of action lol... i will run it through everyone here first as i have found... you all know what you are talking about xx

I hear lots of HR process meetings in my job, disciplinary, grievance, and appeal hearings and there are usually two sides to every story, you are only posting yours which is perfectly natural. However you appear to have other issues with your boss such as this rubbish over the locked door to the room with its own fire escape. You should ask yourself what is it that has caused this change in her attitude towards you. I'm sure you'll think you've done nothing, but you're posting here about talking to others, popping in when you're off to stir up trouble, approaching the deputy manager to voice your issues rather than following proper procedure through the grievance system etc. Your manager might well see you as a negative influence in her team and believe she is better off with that influence removed.

Now I'm playing devil's advocate here because you need to look at this from both sides if you are going to work it through to a mutually positive conclusion. This is a something and nothing storm in a teacup that could be sorted in a fifteen minute meeting between the two of you. You present your GP's letter and ask her to confirm if the new rules regarding toilet breaks applies to everyone or just you. Her response will dictate the next course of action but trying to garner support from the rest of the staff behind her back will escalate this and trust me there is usually only one winner usually when it comes to constructive dismissal claims and it's rarely the employee

Good luck getting it sorted and remember the unions are a waste of time, and once this is sorted you want to be able to work together in a pleasant atmosphere

I agree in part to what you are saying karlos, but I am a union rep for usdaw and I do feel that the unions can mediate successfully if given all the facts and if all partys are receptive to mediation.... But in the old end definitely a good idea to remove all petty grieviances and focus on the actual issue.. I'm rambling here now lol!! all I actually wanted to say was good luck and keep me posted !! xxxx

hmm after that last post I'm sure I've just reinforced karlos' view that unions are a waste of time lol!!!

Thanks Karlos... a year ago myself and a few others overheard the manager talking on the phone to someone at another branch... that for her to change certain rules in the company they would have to get rid of 2 people.. ie myself and another lady... reason being the rules she wants to put in place are not company rules... but things she wants to change in the branch which head office will not agree with. myself and the other lady have been in the shop for over 3 years..ie since shop opened... manager has been there 18 months. due to our long stay there she cannot just get rid of us... the right procedures need to be put in place. myself and the other lady go in do our work and leave.. which makes it difficult to get rid of us. so therefore she is just a bully.
I go in the shop on my day off to do shopping as we are not allowed to shop in there before or after our shift... so i can only get my bits in there on my day off.
I havnt stired up trouble... just voicing everybodies opinions.
I have spoken to CIB, the human rights commission, and acas again today and they have recieved calls from 7 other members of staff regarding this manager.
I do understand what you are saying Karlos.. but this woman by getting rd of us allows her to employ younger people whom she doesnt have to pay £6.20 and hour for but £4.15 an hour for so therefore she gets more commission.
The reason her telephone conversation was not brought up was because at the time i heard her... i was advised by the assistant manager to keep quiet about it and that our jobs were safe. xxx

Oh dear Rayne, I didn't know you had all this going on. Good for you for not scampering off without a battle. Don't let her bully you into leaving. I am afraid I would have been on the phone to her superior as soon as I got home that day, and if necessary would have carried on climbing till I got to the top or got it sorted.
Whatever you do, do not leave. Make her follow the correct procedure to the letter. I hope you get this and her sorted soon as. xx

Back