• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What a interesting trip to the Doctors!

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Well, just went to the doctors to get my post op medication sorted so I have it at home, for when I need it.

And then, my doctor turned round to me and said that I was only there second patient to have gastric surgery that they know of, and would I allow them to give my mobile phone number out to other people considering gastric surgery, to give them more of a insight about what is required and what is involved pre surgery etc.

And then I was asked if I would consider giving a talk to all my doctors after I have recovered from my surgery and lost some weight, so they can get some first hand experience from a patient that has gone through the surgery and allow them to ask me questions to gain some more experience.

Of course I said yes to giving my number out to help others, which means we might be getting some new members from this area soon.

I will keep you all updated of the progress on this.

Sounds like a great opportunity for you to improve future patient care at your surgery. I did something similiar in regards to group counselling for my practice.

Thats very nice of him to ask you and it must have felt good to know he has confidence in your achievement. Good for you :)

Blimy, youll be on the telly and famous soon. Way to go!!!!
Can I have your autograph lol.
Lynne x

Tut! Sussed............. Blahhhhh.
Lynne x

I think its admirable that the Doctor has admitted they want your insight as they dont know enough. Its also wonderful that they want you to be there for others going through wls. At least this will let the prospective wls patients be more aware of what to expect and get the support needed.. I think you will do a brilliant job too xx

What a marvellous opportunity for not only the doctors but also patients waiting to follow in your footsteps.

A chance to give the dr's real insight into not only the physical but emotional rollercoaster wls is and also the chance to support people in your community considering surgery....

I have to say, my new hometown is very small and my new gp knew nothing about my surgery (tbh i think he thought i was telling him i'd had a heart bypass and not a gastric one when i first saw him) so i had to briefly educate him. But i am very tempted to ask him if he can find out if anyone else in the surgery is going for it and also if possible can he ask neighbouring practices if they have any wls patients. I quite like the idea of some friendly support group get togethers locally....

Good for you xxx

Your life is changing very day.Congrats.xx

Peterborough Guy said:
Well, just went to the doctors to get my post op medication sorted so I have it at home, for when I need it.

And then, my doctor turned round to me and said that I was only there second patient to have gastric surgery that they know of, and would I allow them to give my mobile phone number out to other people considering gastric surgery, to give them more of a insight about what is required and what is involved pre surgery etc.

And then I was asked if I would consider giving a talk to all my doctors after I have recovered from my surgery and lost some weight, so they can get some first hand experience from a patient that has gone through the surgery and allow them to ask me questions to gain some more experience.

Of course I said yes to giving my number out to help others, which means we might be getting some new members from this area soon.

I will keep you all updated of the progress on this.

That's fab
Just think how amazing you will feel not only in yourself but helping some other people
Whayyhaayy way to go :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back