• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

' I've only just begun'

arty5899

Hi to everybody on this friendly informative site. Just beginning my weight loss journey after years of yo-yo dieting. I have been told I have funding after an almost 4 year wait. I am 20 and a half stones and only 5ft tall! and have my first appointment with Mr Paul Super at Heartlands Hospital on Monday. No idea what to expect?....any information gratefully received!

I can't help , but just wanted to say welcome & good luck xx

hey arty, welcome to the site, and wishing you all the very best in your journey :) feel free to look around and ask any questions you want to :) xxx

Hello arty - welcome to this great site.
At your first Heartlands appointment, you will be weighed and have your height measured so they can calculate your BMI.
Then you will meet with Mr Super or one of his Clinical fellows, and have the surgical options explained. Write a list of questions so you don't forget anything.
Then you will meet with the dietitian, either one to one or with a small group, depends on who's around. She'll go through the pre and post-op diets involve depending on which procedure is done.

All very painless! You may be given a weight loss target depending on how your weight has changed since your doctor referred you.

Good luck, although you won't need it - they are lovely at the Heartlands.

Hi Kate,

Many thanks for your welcome. Hope all goes well with your op on the 7th.....will be thinking of you...

Chris x

Back