• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kat' s diary

Kat D

Day 3 post op... Thought I was doing really well but have just vomited my 5 spoons of yoghurt back up with intense agony. I am wondering if I ate it too fast?? So far today I have had a low fat custard pot and a quarter of a cup of bovril, that doesn't seem too much?

I am going to buy a small cup and some gripe water just to get out of the house. I am just taking paracetamol today as the tramadol knocks me for six. I am hoping the gripe water gets rid of the wind as it is getting me down. :-(

Day 3 post op... Thought I was doing really well but have just vomited my 5 spoons of yoghurt back up with intense agony. I am wondering if I ate it too fast?? So far today I have had a low fat custard pot and a quarter of a cup of bovril, that doesn't seem too much?

Hello not sure wot ur provider recommended post op but yogurt and custard are a little thick to be having 3 days post op (imo) the liquids consistency you need to have is running off the spoon, any soups with all the bits sieved out of it is are a good idea.

I am going to buy a small cup and some gripe water just to get out of the house. I am just taking paracetamol today as the tramadol knocks me for six. I am hoping the gripe water gets rid of the wind as it is getting me down. :-(

Gripe water worked wonders for me with a little gentle walking xx

Kat, you should be on liquids only. Yoghurt and custard is too thick right now unless its the consistency of actimel etc. Did your provider give you a sheet to follow?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I was put on pureed foods from 2 days following my bypass which is procedure at Sunderland apparently. I've not struggled with vomiting....yet. It may be that your wind is contributing, as I felt intensely nauseous with that in hospital. Give your nurse a ring if its worrying you!!
Hope you feel better soon!! Xx

It definitely says yoghurt with no bits, that's what they gave me the morning after my surgery...?? I did question it at the time and she said it was ok. Had a jelly and an innocent smoothie with no probs this afternoon.

Just goes to show how all providers are different! I couldn't face a yoghurt right now - in fact, I'm not missing food at all yet. No doubt that will change as the swelling goes down!

Each provider has their own advice but this also differs for each op. Its important to follow the guidelines.

If something isnt working going back a stage may help ie to strictly liquids.

Bypass post op diet is more than likely different to banders - the OP is a bander.

Have felt tonnes better today. Wind moving and have been hungry! Am the soup queen (mr Heinz, I'm not domesticated!) Can't tolerate anything cold tho which is quite common I think? Have exposed my incisions, one is much larger than I thought (the one that hurts) - 2 inches. All the others are titchy tho. Good day :)

Can't keep anything down today! Life after banding is never dull!!!!

hope u fel better soon

I guess I'm lucky that I haven't thrown anything up yet! I have had mint tea and orange juice today - I need some energy.

Can keep coffee down now - no soup etc all day, it just gave me pain and came back up. I could really suck a flake right now! Lol

Just as a matter of interest, does anybody know if you had your op done privately and then develop any post op problems, will the nhs help you?? I can't afford any more input from the spire Leeds as the band has already cost me £1100 more than I was told initially.

Yes the NHS will help - they can't abandon ill people. Did you not get any follow up care in your package? What about your fills?

I'd be the same as aftercare packages only cover nutrional advice and fills not for things going wrong and needing corrective surgery down the line! Risk we take I guess!

It's even more important to look after your new friend so fingers cross you don't need any corrective surgery

Back