• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kat' s diary

I'll be interested in seeing replies to this seeing as I've just put away a 'normal' size portion of lentil soup!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Naughty I know but I nudged my dates along too.you would know if it's too much too soon trust me :) x

Cheers Jo. I definitely get a full sensation and stop eating. I'm lucky if I'm

Stupid I pad! .... Lucky if I eat 600 calories in a day at the mo tho. But I am eating 3 small pureed / mushy meals a day and am full so what else can I do?

I am thinking about having a gastric band and I would be very interested in following your story Please keep posting and I hope things get much better really soon! x

Can I just ask if any other new banders get "blown up" with wind in your lower abdomen in the evening? It's really quite sore and I feel very bloated.... I have to unfasten my jeans. Cheers guys x

Just a thought but could you be constipated!? :)

Ok... Officially naffed off! Broke my resolution to not get weighed for Lent and as punishment I haven't lost any weight at all! Whilst I feel thinner, I am exactly the same weight as I was when I had the band fitted! I know it's not supposed to come off until the band has reached it optimum fill but honestly, I am hardly eating anything now so god help me when I have proper restriction...

Yesterday - I had 1egg scrambled with a sprinkling of grated cheese. For lunch I had half a portion of chicken chow mien that was left from Fridays take away. For tea, I had about 4 pieces of stewed steak, a little bit of mashed potato and some green veg. I didn't finish lunch or tea as I stopped when I was full.

I feel better in myself, don't need my lansoprazole etc so I should be happy but the lack of weight loss has hit me like a slap! I am soooo disappointed :-(

I've lost weight from day 1 so don't think you have to rely on optimum fill before you lose, it's not easy but can be done.mind over matter!
Review your foods...chow mein? Mash? I personally avoid these as rule of thumb as theyre killer carbs. The more protein and less carbs the better. Might be worth seeing if that helps? You want as an absolute minimum 40g of protein a day plus! More the merrier :) good luck x

Little update. Now lost nearly 2 stone and gone down a clothes size. All my trousers are too big :) and people are now noticing my weight loss which is lovely! Still have days when I cannot tolerate much but I think that is because I eat too fast and sabotage myself. Overall, am delighted with my little band!

Hi all. Thought I'd send a little update as I haven't posted for a while. Have now lost almost 2 stone and dropped a dress size. People are starting to notice my weight loss which is nice and I have generally shrunk all over! I still eat too fast sometimes and have become proficient at small vomits but am learning all the time and don't regret my band for a second. I was only able to tolerate a 2 ml fill with x ray guidance as the band already had 2 mls in (which I didn't know) but it seems to be working well. All in all, life as a bandit is good! :)

Bugger - thought comment hadn't posted and it had so now look like a mad woman. Lol. X

Well done Kat, so happy for you! I think we're pretty much neck and neck (and also suffering together)! Keep going and you'll soon be at goal.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back