• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Keep getting the urge!!!!

Thank you for this thread Sarah, I can totally relate to you especially as we get closer to having surgery. I wouldn't go mad but I'd treat yourself to a couple of things to put on display in your bedroom as an incentive after surgery.

I converted our box room into a dressing room and have filled every rail and shelf but only about a quarter of it actually fits. The other three quarters is taken up with clothes that don't fit plus I just put 5 black bins in the attic with more stuff that doesn't fit. Now quite a lot of this is clothes that I have simply outgrown but at least a third (if not more) is stuff I have bought in the sales - my 'one day I'll fit into that' clothes. Most of the clothes are lovely and WILL get worn after surgery BUT some are more than 10 years old and frankly I'm 36 now and can't wear the things I bought when I was 25 or younger. Well, I shouldn't wear them but if I can fit in it you better believe I'm going to wear it xxx

Hi sarah, my funding was approved october and had my first appointment with dr kendrick the 14th jan, got to go back and see him july cause I had put a bit of weight on since the level 4 finished in march, and thats about all I have, called tracey last week to see if I have any more appointments booked to discus what surgery I will go for, thats when she told me I was put in for the bypass:confused:
Strange how they seem to do things so differently with everyone. Hope to god this first appointment isn't with dr kendrick....did it state on your letter that you were going to see him or did it just say in the clinic of Dr Khan...i'm getting jittery now lol x

I bought one smaller thing to begin with, which was in a sale. Then other people gave me stuff, all of which I'm now wearing.
Don't buy too much. I've bought a lot in sales but have quite a few things I've only worn a few times and are now way too big.
Yes, you'll get down to a 20, why not? Believe it and go for it! I've come down 8 sizes in 7 months! It feels fantastic!
Problem i have grace is that i say i'm a size 36 but to be honest i am probably bigger. Unfortunately size 36 is the biggest i can buy and sometimes they fit and sometimes they don't.

I'm sure i was a size 32 when i got married and i was 23ish stone.
Well i'm 32 stone now so have a long way to go before i can buy a smaller size.....depressed now:(

Dont be depressed. You are here, doing this, your not on your own. Don't be sad.
Lynne x

Strange how they seem to do things so differently with everyone. Hope to god this first appointment isn't with dr kendrick....did it state on your letter that you were going to see him or did it just say in the clinic of Dr Khan...i'm getting jittery now lol x

Well it had got on it in the clinic of Mr Khan then written above it Dr Kendrick, he's not so bad really.

I do that quite often lol i have a pair of size 16 skinny Jeans which dont even go past my fat calves lol and a gorgeous sleeveless denim dress size 16 which barely goes over my shoulders and like u i have been a size 34 not 2 long ago in fact March 2010, so i dontthink there is nothing wrong buying a few lovely things as an incentive as long as u dont go over the top as more than lkely they wont fit u for 2 long lool xx

Problem i have grace is that i say i'm a size 36 but to be honest i am probably bigger. Unfortunately size 36 is the biggest i can buy and sometimes they fit and sometimes they don't.

I'm sure i was a size 32 when i got married and i was 23ish stone.
Well i'm 32 stone now so have a long way to go before i can buy a smaller size.....depressed now:(

Hun dont be depressed ur not alone on this journey, i was 28 stone and barely fit into a size 34 and that had to be stretch so i can totally relate to how u r feeling, u have started your wls journey and u wont be alone u have all the fab peeps on this site to c u along ur journey till u finally emerge as the beautiful butterfly from ur cocoon,i know its soooo hard at that weight i was sooo depressed, housebound and lonely but there is light at the end of the tunnel so pls just keep that in mind and when ur feeling down come on here for a chat, hun if u want anyone to chat to then feel free to pm me as i can so relate 2 how u r feeling, take care and big hugs Roch xx

Sarah if i were you i'd look in the charity shops and also on ebay but don't buy lots of things in the same size and start from a size 30.... Without been rude or meaning to sound offensive if you are a bit heavier then it usually follows that it will come off quickly, i'd hate you to waste money and throw things away...

But then on reflection i can see it now (visualise with me girlfriend x) you pick your size 30 blouse and skirt up to put on and they SWAMP you they are just too big :) It will happen...

I remember saying to Trev if i can fit into a 20 i'll be happy, well the other day i stood in Matalan looking at some jeans in a size 20 thinking how big they looked. It won't be long before you are there and you will become a very good friend of my mate George who lives in Asda lol...

Am so looking forward to your screams of joy when you get your op date xxx

Back