• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

kettle bells

Muizenberg

Has anyone tried these ? Just purchased a set (2kg - 8kg) which should arrive later this week. Any exercise tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

I wouldn't be able to use them I have rheumatoid arthritis my step daughter goes to kettle bell class but I wouldn't advise them after surgery for quite a while as the muscles in your tummy won't cope :) not to mention not being able to get much nutrition in for exercise for quite a while x good luck with your surgery when it comes x

Kettle bells have arrived. Foolishly started exercising with 6-8kg and aching all over. Will restart with 4kg.

I use them, but in a class each week.

I've found th a great high impact cardio workout, which also offers some resistance training, more a body tone than sculpture thing.

My advice on using them, though, is to go to some classes or get a DVD or some such thing, as although the diagrams/picture shots of the types of exercises you could be doing are great to inform you of just that, I have found though using them is more about technique than brute force.

Going to a class once a week is a great way to get the technique right and new ideas on how to keep it fresh and then you could use yours when at home another couple of times in the week.

I have a 12kg set which I use with my trainer. We do swinging and lifting. I once owned a 20kg set. Yes you read right. 20kg. Heaven knows what possessed me. I sold them on ebay to a huge hairy biker who looked more like a suitable candidate than a little fairy like me.

how long after bypass is it ok to lift kettle bells im nearly 8 now but i have some pain in the muscles n my stomach and all over is this normal

I definitely wouldn't do them while you have any pain :) I was hoping to start swimming again this week after my gallbladder removal but still very uncomfortable round my muscles so was advised not to do any strenuous exercise till no pain at all xxx

Back