• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Line Dancing

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
I am 4 and a bit months post bypass, I have lost 5 stone 5lb in that time, currently weigh 13st 4.5lb.

I am ready to start some exercise, but I am quite unfit and HATE exercise.

Someone I know teaches a line dancing class. Is the exercise worth it? Will I gain any benefit from it in terms of my fitness or will I be better using this time for something else like swimming?

I know it will be a laugh, but my time is precious so only want to do it if it will be worth it!

Would love to hear from anyone that has tried it as exercise.

Rx

I have only ever danced like that in my living room, never at a class but I would definately say that it is worth spending time on.
Some of the dances will be slower obviously but some really arent that slow and you will be moving around the floor at pace at times.
Any exercise is worth your time, any is better than none.
Steph xx

i think the key to sticking to exercise is finding something you are going to enjoy. This sounds like it would be great fun, a chance to meet new people and it will definitely give you a workout.

I used to line dance ALOT - but work commitments got in the way - and i miss it so. Its amazing excercise and so much fun - you really do work up a sweat believe me. Check locally for a beginners class - local C&W (country and western) clubs will know where and when. You don't need to dress up for classes but i would recommend not wearing trainers to dance - they are hopeless! Maybe a wee pair of ankle boots or summat to begin with?Good luck - you will love it I promise!!

I did a line class a few years ago with my sister and the laughter was great and also the dancing the huffing and puffing from both of us (with her being about 8 stone lighter). Unfortunately we never made a second class...

Recently my OH and myself went to Ceroc classes which were great fun and OMG what a workout. I'm hoping when i get to the exercise stage after my op that we'll find some class we can do together again and maybe even take the kids.......

You go for it and enjoy xxx

I have heard in the past quite a few people say that they lost weight doing line dancing. Alot of it is quite fast so very good exercise, anything that gets the heart racing.

Back