• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Keyhole incisions question

Samsara

Hello. I just wondered if anyone knew if the incisions made for bariatric surgery are the same as the four incisions made for gallbladder removal? I have already had my gallbladder removed and I wonder if they use the same entry points (so I only end up with one set of scars instead of two)?! :confused: Thanks x x

My friend had gall bladder surgery and her keyhole scars are in different places to mine, also I had 6 incisions and she only had 4, but then maybe it depends on your anatomy and also on the surgeon, I know my extra incision was down to a complication...

Lol!! Maybe not!! Other people might have had different incisions than me.. Maybe ask the surgeon at your next appointment xxx

I had galbladder surgery 5 years ago and bypassed 5 weeks ago the incision sites are near on some especially just where bra sits but they don't use previous sites. May be due to scar tissue x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You could've hit the nail on the head there sam. Makes sense that they wouldn't want to open old scars again.

I have had 3 c sections and the cuts have been in marginally different places each time and they had to remove some scar tissue the last time to try and line it up. Scar tissue is thick and not good to cut through as fresh uncut flesh is so they would more than likely give you different incision holes.

Back