• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

KEYHOLE INTO OPEN

chris195

dont no if any one as this before but is there any one out there who gone in for key hole but when woke up told you'v had open surgery ??:eek: my surgen says it does happen for one reason or enother, just wondered.:rolleyes:

Funny i should see this post today! My manager who is a Senior Sister on a CCU told me today that 'open' was better than keyhole... Don't know why just know that's what she said! We were discussing my surgery and potential time off sick at the time.....

I think if you prepare yourself mentally for the eventuality it could happen then it will be easier when you wake up! xx

Yes that makes sence,when iv watch that shaw summers he used to do all open,and is patients all seem to done well.

dont no if any one as this before but is there any one out there who gone in for key hole but when woke up told you'v had open surgery ??:eek: my surgen says it does happen for one reason or enother, just wondered.:rolleyes:

I asked at the hospital today about this as I saw something on TV where it was done when the patient was scheduled for keyhole. They had to do open as the weight of her lower stomach was dragging the muscles down from her upper stomach and they needed more room to work.

I was worried about this myself and when I asked at the hospital today the dr said he only ever saw it happen once, so that was reassuring.

Hope this helps

Back