• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gall Bladder removal after Open RNY

Miss Tickle

Hello lovelies,
sorry I've been a quiet lately. I am very depressed and life is throwing a lot of challenges at me at the moment. I'm hoping that after I have my gall bladder removed on Tuesday that I'll start to feel a bit better physically and start to tackle the battles I have ahead of me to sort out the other major stuff. If I can't get a hold of this crippling anxiety though I'm doomed !
I should be feeling apprehensive about the op. It's only 48 hours away but so much other bad stuff is happenning I haven't had chance to prepare myself.
I had open RNY and have an absolutely massive scar. My op is planned to start by key hole but the 12 year old who was the stand in for the consultant thae day I went for my consultation said there is a greater risk of having to convert to open surgery because of my bypass. So my question is
Have you had your gall baldder removed and if so was it key hole or open, and was your bypass open or key hole.
I want to know if tis is going to be a quick recovery or not. I need to be fit asap and find a job before me and mine get made homeless/starve/ have bailifs in and all the bad things that come when mamma can't bring the bacon home any more xxx

Hello lovelies,
sorry I've been a quiet lately. I am very depressed and life is throwing a lot of challenges at me at the moment. I'm hoping that after I have my gall bladder removed on Tuesday that I'll start to feel a bit better physically and start to tackle the battles I have ahead of me to sort out the other major stuff. If I can't get a hold of this crippling anxiety though I'm doomed !
I should be feeling apprehensive about the op. It's only 48 hours away but so much other bad stuff is happenning I haven't had chance to prepare myself.
I had open RNY and have an absolutely massive scar. My op is planned to start by key hole but the 12 year old who was the stand in for the consultant thae day I went for my consultation said there is a greater risk of having to convert to open surgery because of my bypass. So my question is
Have you had your gall baldder removed and if so was it key hole or open, and was your bypass open or key hole.
I want to know if tis is going to be a quick recovery or not. I need to be fit asap and find a job before me and mine get made homeless/starve/ have bailifs in and all the bad things that come when mamma can't bring the bacon home any more xxx

Hello miss tickle, I had my GB out last year (stones developed 2 weeks after my rny) my op was done keyhole & I was discharged the same day, I felt a bit rough on day 3 (after the morphine had worn off) but was back to work after 1 week... prob could have gone back after 5 days to be honest! No probs since :) good luck with the op xx

Thanks Beckaboo- very encouraging. Did you have open or keyhole bypass? xx

Back