• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story

What a brilliant idea Shel, I never thought of that!!!

I have often been to Martin's site, I will mail him about my problem.

Many many thanx for suggesting that to me:)

I mailed Martin yesterday, although it does state on the site that he probably wont even look at it, as he gets so many mails a day, but that it will be looked at by one of the staff on the site.

Maybe I'll get lucky.

Hi Muppet :)

I've just seen your message in the shout box about your xmas piccy being too large?

I'm guessing that you managed to sort it out as I can't see one on your profile?
You have less than 50 posts at the
moment but once you go past this amount, more signature space and other site priviledges will be activated.

If I can help with anything just give me or any Mod a shout,

Lacey..:)

I mailed Martin yesterday, although it does state on the site that he probably wont even look at it, as he gets so many mails a day, but that it will be looked at by one of the staff on the site.

Maybe I'll get lucky.

I love Martin Lewis, I am sure if it is his staff that get back to you they will be as knowledgeable as he is so would not worry about that...good luck and hope you get it sorted....xx

Lacey, I started a new thread, called 'good morning' and it was my 3rd piccy in there that was too large, normally on other boards you can edit a picture and replace it, but I cant on here, just not one of the options.

I believe its in the Chit Chat section, though still not too familiar with all the sections...sorry to make work for you hunny.

Charlie, I hope something comes of it, I'm so miserable atm, and keeping getting colds all the time, I have bronchitis atm...think maybe I need a tonic, or a nice young man lol

I thought I'd give an update about my broken band.

My surgeon has confirmed a price for me to have my faulty band removed and the new 'free' one implanting. The Spire ( was Bupa) have agreed to give me a 20% discount.!!

It's less than having the op done in Belgium, which I have been looking at so am going for it.

I have to pay again (a loan) but after the manufacturer gets the band back in the USA and have examined it, as to why it was faulty, I will hopefully be reimbursed.

I should hopefully have the surgery sometime in February/March, I am so excited and nervous now, I just cant wait.

I am going to Spain for a week next sunday and today had to go to Evans to buy some new clothes as none of mine fit anymore.

I really begrudge paying out again, but it had to be done.
Will let you know when my surgery will take place.

hope it goes well for you muppet, and you get your money back!

Good news! Enjoy your holiday and let us know how the op goes!
Lx

Good luck Muppet

What date are you having your band done?

I am hoping to have mine done in April. (should have had it done by now, but had a delay in re-mortgage), now having to wait until after my holiday as I would be on liquids going away and can't be doing that lol (exept the alcoholic ones).

:D @ BJ, bless, drink up girl!!!

April will be here before you know it .

Thank you so much everyone for your kind and positive replies, they are much appreciated.

I have provisionally booked 26th february for the surgery, this will be providing all the pre-op tests are ok.

Last time there was some concern about the platelets in my blood:cry:

But hopefully all will be ok, if only I was tee-total :D

Will keep you updated, after the 12th (Pre-op tests) I will know for sure.

Sorry but I find it difficult to believe that the band manufacturer is not liable to pay for the removal of their faulty band from your stomach.
They've almost admitted liability by suppling £2000 worth of product for free surely, seems to me that they know something their keeping under their hats.
Why did they give you a new band if they're not to blame?
Or did the surgeon damage it when he fitted it, either way somebody must pay, at least to get that faulty band out of you.
I'd be looking on the USA forums as this Operation has been done there for decades and maybe even look for legal advice from over there, someone who has done it before.
I don't know though, I'm just thinking alound.
What a mess, hope you can sort this eventually, things like this don't help the weight problem, do they, let alone the finances.:grumble:

Hunny I agree totally. I have been trying for 12 months to get something positive from the manufacturer, but they say the free band is just a gesture of goodwill (laughable I know) and they take no responsibilty or admit liability until they have examined the faulty band.

My surgeon got the free band for me, after all he is a good customer of theirs, maybe they wouldnt like word to get around about this and lose business, so offered the free band.

I hope you can receive pm's love as I have some more information that I am loathe to post on a public forum, if you understand.

OMG that is awful
If it is faulty they shoudl pay not only for teh band but also fo teh removal and the new band. Its not just that its the time taken the efforts the emotions.
That eally is not fair I would contact CAB and see what they think about it

Back